Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 167107 views.
judyinohio

Nov-17

Suze (casuzenn) said:

'Miss MaryJane the Pirate Gecko' is now a top.

That certainly is a doozy of a name for a quilt.  Is Miss MaryJane friendly or fierce? 

playing with the clay sounds very relaxing, like PLay doh but you get to keep it.  My kids went through a clay phase, mostly making Christmas ornaments.  We still have a few on the tree- which will be coming out in a couple of weeks.  Yikes where did the year go?

latterberry

Nov-18

That is one humdinger of a beautiful flower!  A whole bunch of them together would look like a pot of zinnias.  I hope you make some orange and yellow ones.  Is that you name stamped or written in the center?

judyinohio

Nov-18

latterberry said:

Is that you name stamped or written in the center?

Yes, Mrs. Eagle Eye, that's my name stamped in the center.  relaxed  There's a guy who makes tiny stamps like that for clayers, leatherworkers, etc.  I sometimes put the stamp on the backs of pieces that I like but this time I put the stamp on a small circle of clay to put in the center of the flower before I baked it.   That's not my real signature; he had about a jillion fonts to choose from and I probably spent two or three hours browsing his fonts to find one that kind of looked like my handwriting. 

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-18

judyinohio said:

Is Miss MaryJane friendly or fierce? 

she is stoned....

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Nov-18

Fantasy flowers are equally lovely as real ones.

Cris in MT

MarciainMD

Nov-18

I love the idea of these flowers for your pots.  They'll add a lot of color and won't wilt if the squirrels dig around them.

judyinohio

Nov-18

You've got it! 

As long as I have a neighbor two houses down who puts out unshelled peanuts and hangs dried corncobs for the squirrels and I have my own oak and hickory trees in our north lot I am conceding that the critters will win the Battle of the Pots.

Since the squirrels will dig I'm working on a gold-spotted black clay "varmint monster" for my next bit of creativity. He might even have fangs. (I'm thinking of perhaps a hybrid of a Darth Vader/Wookie kind of thing.)

I might as well have fun with my defeat.

judyinohio

Nov-18

Thank you, Cris.  I love your thinking.  kissing_heart