Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 208837 views.
MarciainMD

Feb-7

Another beautiful forever project! 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I am keeping my current forever project a bit under wraps for now.  It is a just for fun project for my sewing room I think you guys will like. 

Looking forward to seeing you project.  You put out the carrot.  Now I'm wondering what it is.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

I like your bag.  Great idea.  My hexies are languishing in a drawer.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

Nice!  Did you applique the whole thing to the blue background?  By hand?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

I can see another beautiful forever project in the works.  You are amazing.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

I have mostly been cutting up scraps into more usable units.  I did manage to put together one more charity quilt.  Another is waiting for quilting.  Here is the completed one.  It was a Debbie Mumm book panel.  I just cut it up for a quilt.  Story can still be read.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-7

Not quite.

I cut strips of the ecru background, put the strips behind the hexies, then appliqued the hexies to the strips.  That's the first border.

Then I cut strips of the blue, put those strips ON TOP of the ecru and needleturned applique the blue onto the ecru.

But everything is hand-stitched at this point.   Eventually, it will get machine quilted.  I also attach the binding to the edges, both sides, by machine.  HMMMMM ..... **unless**  I decide to scallop the edges of the blue (that might be a nice touch?) .. in that case, I'll do the final binding stitching by hand.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

You are amazing, not just as a quilter but also as a problem solver.

latterberry

Feb-8

Awww.. what a cute little quilt!  Where do you donate them?

LABFIEND

Feb-8

I have several Christmas book panels, i should make quilts instead of books!  I do like making the books tho, have a hard time resisting them!!