Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 210291 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-9

One more finished today.  Many of your will recognize the center of the blocks.  I saved them from Linda Hoo's stash.  She had put the log cabin strips around them.  I just assembled them and found an appropriate border, and finished it.  I'm hoping a teenager from the shelter will like it to cuddle in.  The cats were the product of several block swaps on About.com.

judyinohio

Feb-9

How very nice to see some of Linda Hoo's working coming out into the light after all these years. Your post really put a smile on my face this evening because it has been a grumpy day for me.

A cat-loving teenager certainly will love your finished quilt, Cathy.

That is wonderful on many levels.  The koi in my sons quilt was from Chris's stash

I quilted an I spy today, first time in my sewing room in forever.  Felt wonderful.

Midkid5

Feb-9

Nice, sure some teen will love it.  Funny, thoughts of Linda were on my mind today.

Jo

latterberry

Feb-10

Lovely quilt.  I bet it brought back many fond memories as you worked on it.  

I love how our ladies live on! Thanks for sharing, Cathy!

LABFIEND

Feb-10

Midkid5 said:

Funny, thoughts of Linda were on my mind today.

I was going thru some stuff from previous retreats and found some temporary tattoos of a owl with Linda's name under them.

MarciainMD

Feb-10

It's a lovely quilt, especially knowing where it originated.  It's good that it will be loved after all these years.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-11

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

That is wonderful on many levels.

Next I have to complete some owl blocks she made and get them into a quilt.  Will make the quilts smaller for younger children.  May get 2 out of them.  I love working with UFO's or even fabric that I know came from Chris or Linda.