Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 206248 views.

That is amazing and I am in awe that you already finished it. My quilt related activity today: went to a cool quilt store in Grand Lake Colorado with DH's cousin. I have infected her with quiltpox. We are up here for some skiing and snowmobiling. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-20

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I am in awe that you already finished it.

It's just the top, mind you.

Well, I know me.  I can procrastinate with the best of them.  In fact, I have a jelly roll that I won in an online contest (I should have bought Lottery tickets right then because I never win anything) years ago.  When I go through my stash, it will temporarily resurface but I still don't know what to do with it AND I have a *lot* of other UFOs in the queue in front of it.  So, it patiently waits. :-)

judyinohio

Feb-21

There are a few pretty jelly roll ideas, Pirate, but I won't mention them now. Let me know when you are ready to know about one.

I was going to take a good long breather from messing with fabric but it really didn't last very long. The lure of cotton fibers is irresistible, I guess. I was able to stay away enough to work a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle on my quilt room table and that was about it.

The very small pile of DH's jeans kept winking at me and I finally finished the puzzle this morning and the lure of denim finally got me. I had found Lynne's idea of a mock cathedral window project very appealing, particularly since I have some remnants of large floral prints that might look cute in the "windows".

But then there was Cris's warning about how horrid she found the experience of working on that pattern and how she'd rather cut off her fingers and poke out her eyes ....

But then Cris is a crazy quilter who loves doing intricate detailed work with beads, ribbons, laces and such and perhaps she went into bead withdrawal while working with plain ol' denim ....

Can you hear me talking to myself while pondering the idea of starting on this project with Lynne talking positively in one ear and Cris muttering negatively in the other ear?  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Lynne won.  

Delphi in its wisdom has made this photo display sideways but you can get the idea that I am using my rotary cutting mat to make the job easier on my wrist as I rotary cut the circles of denim and then mark the lines for the squares of fabrics.

I have used the top of one pair of jeans and made a "bag"  for the walker that once belonged to my DF  that my DH sometimes uses when out and about.  (He uses it only rarely now and doesn't really need a bag to tote a water bottle, his lap top, etc.  However, the day may come when he will need to use a walker more often and he agreed that the bag was clever. It made him  grin when I explained what it was.)

• Edited February 21, 2020 5:14 pm  by  judyinohio
latterberry

Feb-22

Well, good for you Judy!  If I remember correctly, joining the first few feels a little awkward, but once you get the hang of it, it's fine.  At least for me it was.  However, there are some things that others may find rather easy that makes me want to poke myself in the eye.  Partial seams--I hate partial seams.  

I started a homespun project...that is the LINTIEST stuff I ever met~ yuck! I had these FQ's of homespun that had hung around forever waiting to be made into a quilt, though, so I'm working away this past week...

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Feb-22

LOL!  I salute your effort and stand by to cheer with you when you're done.  I'll hold good thoughts in my heart that you have a better/more pleasant experience than mine.

Hugs!

Cris in MT

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-22

With the hours and the stress of your work currently, I'm sure some sewing therapy is good for you.   Now you will feel free to try a new project.  I always look forward to seeing what you do.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-22

judyinohio said:

The lure of cotton fibers is irresistible,

For sure!  Never have made a cathedral window or even a faux one.  Where can I find the pattern?  Might be fun.  I have a box of jeans to use up.  I have a purse almost completed.  A walker bag is another good idea.  

Mishii

Feb-22

I'm still working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery.  Hoping to get it completed this weekend, but I don't know.  So many pieces.  I want it off my table and design wall so I can do something else.  I'm tired of it!  It is also still irritating me. 2 inch finished 4 patches ::eyeroll::

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-22

Mishii said:

2 inch finished 4 patches ::eyeroll::

the very reason I have never tried a BH mystery!