Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 209367 views.
judyinohio

Feb-25

Yes, online shopping qualifies as "work".

For a really good workout, I highly recommend the Fabric Shack in Ohio. wink

Online shopping is the perfect workout !

Connecting Threads have an extra 20% discount on clearance fabrics until February 29!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-25

Ellen ... I remember how to quilt!  woo hoo!   

You might remember that the jelly roll & charm square top that I made for you at the Retreat was only *half* of the jelly roll & charm squares.  I took the other half home, sewed them together, pieced some batting together, found a backing and actually LOADED your second quilt this morning!

I have no problem remembering to breath during the quilting; the difficult thing is to remember to NOT have a Death Grip on the handles.     Relax, relax, relax.  oooommmmm.  :-)

When It's done, I'll get it mailed to you.

Gotta say, it feels very, very nice to be quilting again.  Of course, this puts a real crimp in my scrapbooking project progress ..... but, boy, do I love quilting.  :-)

{you know what I love the most about this picture?  Look at STRAIGHT and EVEN that last strip is on the bottom rail!  Dang, I love it when a top gets loaded correctly!  :-)  ]

judyinohio

Feb-25

Dang, I love it when a top gets loaded correctly!  :-) 

Yep, practice makes perfect.

Years and years of practice. (That's what I tell my kids when I can thread an old Singer lickety-split.)

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-25

super job loading the quilt!!

I love it when it all comes together too!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-25

judyinohio said:

(That's what I tell my kids when I can thread an old Singer lickety-split.)

While the machine is running?   THEN I'll be impressed. :-)

bornblesse2

Feb-25

Holy moly!  You knock my socks off,....or do you prefer Pop my buttons!

Shelley got on her Longarm again!  I don’t know how you handle the being away.  With the trips to Hpuston and extra teaching I am doing, I can’t really sew and I really, really miss it!

and yes, I can see just how straight hat row is!  Must be some fantastic quilter!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-26

And here it is ... freshly quilted and bound.  :-)   I'll get in the mail to you this week.  Should I mail it to your house?

Great-looking quilt!  Congratulations!

bornblesse2

Feb-26

That’s fine.....if you wait until the ninth I will be back home to pick up the package.  The boys are at the house, but one is out dog sitting and the other isn’t home much.  We have never had anything stolen, but I hate things to sit too long....

oR if you know what day it arrives I can tell them to watch.

no hurries!  I’m glad you had fun working these up!  I’m glad that set of fabrics is used!  They were so pretty to just sit unused in the charity box.