Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 207831 views.

Great-looking quilt!  Congratulations!

bornblesse2

Feb-26

That’s fine.....if you wait until the ninth I will be back home to pick up the package.  The boys are at the house, but one is out dog sitting and the other isn’t home much.  We have never had anything stolen, but I hate things to sit too long....

oR if you know what day it arrives I can tell them to watch.

no hurries!  I’m glad you had fun working these up!  I’m glad that set of fabrics is used!  They were so pretty to just sit unused in the charity box.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-26

Waiting until you're home is fine.  That'll give me time to find a box, etc. without being rushed. 

bornblesse2

Feb-26

Perfect!   Thanks again Shelley!  I hope you had fun sewing and quilting it!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-26

judyinohio said:

.. you've let me know that I'm on the right track and helped me avoid a big mistake (buying new denim to mix with the old).

Let me know if you need more old denim.  I can send you some.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-26

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

does buying some fabric count? 

You are obviously not done with I Spy quilts.  I'm sure you will find many more Patterns to make these quilts out of.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-26

judyinohio said:

the Fabric Shack in Ohio.

I agree.  Enjoyed going there last summer.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-26

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Gotta say, it feels very, very nice to be quilting again

We can hear your excitement in your post.  Enjoy it.  You have at least 50 tops you can satisfy this urge with.blush

I agree about the correctly loaded top.  That can be a challenge.  Of course, there is the occasional wonky quilt.

judyinohio

Feb-26

That is very kind of you to offer to give me more old denim, Cathy, but I am quite sure that I have enough on hand. I do not want to fall into a trap of making a huge monster of a denim quilt that I cannot "wrassle" under the needle of Cecil Faye.