Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 231270 views.
MarciainMD

Mar-4

The blocks look very pretty.  Be sure to show us the finished quilt.

Be sure to post pictures of your save!

Midkid5

Mar-4

It really did make me wonder about the maker.  Somewhere in the recesses of my brain I remember hearing about people using nylons for quilt batting, but not the puff ball block type.  I tried looking on the internet a bit but only found information on the puff ball ( that's what I'm calling it).

Sometimes when I handle thing they talk to me, but even with all of the hands on deconstructing the quilt did not even give up a single whisper. 

Jo

Midkid5

Mar-4

I will post a picture but it will be awhile.  Working on this quilt is very messy, lots of fabric bunnies and depending on the fabric in the block lots of strings. Must keep a lint roller handy at all times.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-4

The latest Hawaiian Applique block that I've finished.

I also took some time to prep all the other blocks so now they are all ready to be stitched.

Beautiful, and eye catching, as always!

judyinohio

Mar-4

Those look like coneflower (echinacea) blossoms.

Midkid5

Mar-4

Since the blocks are gorgeously beautiful, I'm not sure there will words to describe the quilt when you finish it.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-4

judyinohio said:

Those look like coneflower (echinacea) blossoms.

They absolutely do and were a complete bugger to stitch.  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-4

Midkid5 said:

Since the blocks are gorgeously beautiful, I'm not sure there will words to describe the quilt when you finish it.

Well, the assembly can still be botched, ya know. :-)

I've been looking at different settings for Hawaiian Applique blocks.  I dislike "boring" settings .. and everyone's opinion of boring is different.   I have one layout that I'm thinking about that has a strip set as the sashing between the blocks and the intersections are mini-nine-patches.

Then, there's the border.  I like "interesting" borders.  Perhaps a Hawaiian Applique design used as an outer border might be considered.

While I'm not sure of the overall size, it's not going to be terribly big.  I'll end up with (12) 12" blocks, with sashing for the center area.  That's not very large.  Add on an appropriately sized border and I still won't have a big quilt .. maybe a personal throw size?  

OR I could just do some more looking and find more Hawaiian Applique blocks to do so the central area itself is bigger.  I have enough batiks to work with, so that's not a problem.  I think it's going to come down to how long I want to work on it versus how eager I am to work on the next Forever Project.  :-)