Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 635050 views.
judyinohio

3/6/20

Maybe you need a good piece of background music to spice up your free motion quilt work?  I like to listen to something in the Irish folk rock vein ... Silly Wizard or some group like that.  There's nothing like "Rocky Road to Dublin" to get my foot stomping on the pedal for free motion work.

Of course, to each her own ...

tuckyquilter

3/6/20

I think we need a new thread for: What ya working on.  LOL

Today I got the binding sewn on one side and glued on the other for a quilt. Once dry I'll sew it down. 

And I'm making Disappearing 4-Patch in Gold Stars for some QOV. Easy Peasy and I can watch quilting videos or Britbox while I sew.

Mishii

3/6/20

Midkid5 said:

Now if I could just find mojo to finish quilt the quilt in progress.

I'm still working on the BH mystery.  It's a beast.  I am not loving it.  I'm pretty sure it is my last of her mysteries, but if I do get sucked back in, I will be using constants.  There is such a thing as too scrappy, sheesh.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/7/20

I've finished the last purple batik Hawaiian Applique block.    On to the yellow batiks!

You certainly are putting those out fast. I like the fabric in that one. I am hoping to get some scraps organized here for a hexi take along. I looked at what I had in Colorado and was uninspired so did not put together a kit. I did grab another project but did not work on it on the way down here to NM. I have a huge bin of scraps in my sewing room and will see what is hiding in there.

On a side note I grabbed the Carpenters Wheel blocks (which I trimmed to size from the retreat) and am hoping to sew them into a top while I am here. That should go pretty quick.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

3/7/20

Mishii said:

I'm still working on the BH mystery. It's a beast.

I have all of the BH steps finished and clipped together in bundles. After making 3 of the blocks I was so frustrated and confused I put it all in a box and put a lid on it. I'm with you on making any more BH mysteries.

Then I made 24 disappearing  9 patch blocks for  quilts of valor. Such easy and no stress sew days. This week we will meet and put the tops together. We have enough blocks for 7 or 8  quilts, and a man in the group volunteered to quilt them. The store where we meet donated 100 yards of patriotic fabric.

Good luck with your mystery and keep me posted on your progress.

Mary D in Orlando

3carats (MaryDinFL)

3/7/20

That is what I have been doing. I had never made a disappearing patch and enjoying the relaxation of just sewing without much thinking.

I joined a new  quilts of valor group and finding it very rewarding.

Mary D in Orlando

So I went to go look at the Bonnie Hunter mystery and have to say it is not one of my favorites. Glad I did not play along on this one as that is a lot of work for a quilt that I am not really crazy about, just too busy, no place for the eye to rest. My favorites of her's were Celtic Solstice and Orca Bay.

tuckyquilter

3/7/20

I loved Celtic Soltic, but did not make it as I was to busy.  I have a folder on my computer and download all the clues and go at my own pace.   I'm still chugging along on the BH Good Fortune Mystery. I do have the first 3 clues to Frolic, the 2019 Mystery.  Normally only sew on the BH projects at Bonnie Club which meets twice a month. I'm in no rush.  I only have En Provence and Grand Illusions that I kept for myself. I do love both of them.  

I gave On Ringo Lake to friends, who housed me and two neighbors, when we were evacuated for the fire in Nov 2018.  They were thrilled to get a handmade quilt.  I was thrilled they opened their home.  

I've done several Debbie Caffrey Mysteries through a local quilt shop and those were really fun. We had NO COLORS suggested, and all the clues were in blk & wh.. BUT they all turned out great. 

When are you going to put out that triangle pattern? I want to try it!