Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 229547 views.

Would love to see some photos of the teddy bears. Sounds like you really gave your mom something fun to do which also made her productive. What a great story.

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-9

wow...what a story!!

I would love to see some of the bears too..

Such a great story!  I also would love to see photos of the teddy bears, please!

Midkid5

Mar-9

What a wonderful story.  My mom was 83, with eye issues and trigger finger which is why she quite making them.  She preferred a smaller block 6.5".  She used tissue paper as the foundation.

Jo

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

It's amazing how different the same pattern can look depending on the fabric choices

Yes! I have noticed that! I've realized that when I look at patterns, I'm inherently drawn to ones that have certain colors...and magazines show the same patterns over an over in different patterns, and some draw people more!

Mishii

Mar-9

I'll have a car.  I can take 4 with me.  5 if one is Patty and she rides in the back.

Mishii

Mar-9

annienzoey said:

I have made 19 quilts, (72 x 88)  for family,  approximately 10 donations, and to date 30 teddy bears out of her blocks.

Holy cow, that is a lot of string blocks!  What a great story for her grands, great grands, and great great grands.

Not gonna lie, I would have gone in the store to see the 90 year old stripper even if I wasn't a quilter.

latterberry

Mar-10

What a great story!  Very impressive that your mom kept so busy and productive in her later years.  I too would love to see photos of the teddy bears. I love to hear your stories and I'm so glad you found our forum,

LABFIEND

Mar-10

Pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Might be safer in the back with you driving!!

Is there something I need to know about Mishi's driving?