Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 230713 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-11

A great story.    Just 2 weeks ago I taught a group of quilters at the church how to make string blocks.  I had brought some blocks I had made for them to play with the design.  They can go together so many different ways.  This week a couple of them brought back what they had done.  Some of us are scrappy and some of us have to control that scrappy.  It was fun.  We make charity quilts and this gave them another easy block to make for variety.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-12

another Hawaiian Applique block done; this one in a yellow batik.

latterberry

Mar-12

I just made up a bunch of string blocks too.  Why do those strings keep reproducing in the night?  The idea was to try to reduce the size of my scrap tub.  

latterberry

Mar-12

Another beautiful block.  I have that same batik in my stash.  You gave me another idea--how about your Diamond Dazzler in white and bright batiks? 

You sure are going thru those.  I have put all sewing aside to focus on going thru our storage shed and getting rid of stuff.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-12

Excellent idea on the storage purging.   *That* definitely has an end date and when you're done, it will stay done!

Then you can return to sewing feeling virtuous and smug.

judyinohio

Mar-12

She does not have to feel smug.

Virtuous will do for the time being.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-12

Feeling smug never harmed anyone and does wonders for the self-esteem. :-)

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-12

latterberry said:

Why do those strings keep reproducing in the night?

I have the same problem.  I bet I could make about 50 quilts with my scraps, maybe more.

Mishii

Mar-12

Feeling smug is pretty satisfying though.  A+ highly recommend