Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 229679 views.
Mishii said:

Find a permanent spot for your Accuquilt

I wish I had a permanent spot for mine. It seems permanently closed up ; (

latterberry

Mar-26

Well, when we both get our pink and green quilts finished, we will have to have a show and tell!  I'm taking a bit of a break and working on making some face masks for our local hospital had read that the home made ones weren't really effective, but the hospital is actually asking for them. Of course, we quilters have plenty of scraps to work with!

Yes, your neighbor will have to come up with some type of hobby that she enjoys or go crazy.  I worked for our school district for 28 years and was more than ready to retire.  I enjoy solitude.  I grew up an only child on a farm with the closest kid miles away and I live in the country now with a workaholic husband so I am pretty used to being alone.  I don't mind at all and if I have to be around too many people for too long, I get a bit crazy.  My neighbor complains about being bored, but I must admit that I'm never bored--too many things I like to do.  That may change when I'm no longer able to do them!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-26

Don't worry, Sandy.  I'm with you.  I need to find a permanent spot for mine also.

I have been very uninspired to sew, well I want to but when I go look at the sewing setup in a room that is now packed full of boxes that need to be sorted and repacked I really lose all desire to sit and be creative. Yesterday I took the fold up table, machine and some projects upstairs to the area that I used to sew. Of late it has had paperwork in piles all over the room so I cleaned all of that up and put in boxes. Now I have a table that looks out to the mountain again (where I used to sew when I lived here full time, 4 years ago now). Hopefully I will be able to do some fun sewing again.

What I have been doing every day is cleaning and sorting boxes and such. I have made progress but have not turned the corner to really see the end. I figure if I just slog thru it a little every day I will get there. Today's plan is sorting all the fabric gifted to me a couple of weeks ago that is in a pile of bags and takes up lots of room. Also want to go thru some boxes that have books because I know I will not be keeping too many.

I do hope to report some actual sewing progress soon.

judyinohio

Mar-26

I for one will be happy to see your sewing progress because you always create neat stuff. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-26

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I do hope to report some actual sewing progress soon.

Hope that happens soon so you will feel creative and uplifted again.  But, keep at that sorting and tossing job.  You will feel good when it is done.

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

But, keep at that sorting and tossing job. You will feel good when it is done.

Just to tell you how much I don't want to go into the room and sort thru boxes...............so far today, I cleaned the bedroom, vaccumed the upstairs even the walls and baseboards, cleaned the master bathroom with all the mirrors and such. Still trying to avoid those boxes. I am just gonna suck it up soon and go do 4 boxes of books and sort some fabric from that pile I was gifted.

bornblesse2

Mar-26

Lol, I love how she says I gave her homework - like I MADE her!

i did give her options - make kits to bring back, make tops, or whatever.  And there is no deadline.  If Mishii ever gets to spend time at home and not work, she will work on some of them.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-27

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

. I am just gonna suck it up soon and go do 4 boxes of books and sort some fabric from that pile I was gifted.

Books aren't really that difficult to sort through and since you know you are getting rid of most, it should be easy.  Just don't stop to read one.wink

Going through the fabric may give you some inspiration to actually sew.  Hope you got there yesterday.