Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 230279 views.
Midkid5 said:

Finally found the mojo to finish these two quilts, and now all the beds in my home are quilt supplied.

Jo your quilts look great! Love the rainbow colors, so cheerful.

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Hope you got there yesterday.

Well I got the sewing stuff set up yesterday. I did go thru fabric and will have a ton to donate once the world gets going again.

Today I hauled the iron and board upstairs and finally got the pants laid out. I took some photos and posted on my blog enchantingquilts.com of the set up. Then I got busy and finally got the side seams all sewn up and pressed. Next step is the belt carriers and waistband so hopefully tomorrow, maybe even later today.

The sun finally came out here, it was a very cold cloudy morning here.

On the book pruging..............on many books they are Mark's or stuff we share so trying to get his input as well. I don't just want to toss out everything because we do enjoy reading and a small well curated library would be nice. That slows down the whole thing. Did not get any done today but that is ok.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Mar-27

They're both so bright and cheerful!

Cris in MT

Mishii

Mar-27

bornblesse2 said:

If Mishii ever gets to spend time at home and not work

I've heard of doing that.  Sounds like fun.

I got home at 8 tonight...making progress.  Whoohoo!

bornblesse2

Mar-27

What great quilts!  Did you design them yourself?

bornblesse2

Mar-27

Stay safe Mishii!  I keep praying for the healthcare people and their heal and safety!  As if being overworked isn’t enough, you get exposed to so much most of can’t even imagine!

Midkid5

Mar-27

Yes and no.  Rainbow was an idea I had for quite some time than I saw a kit for the center but no pattern so I used graph paper to draw it out from the picture adding borders.  Originally the on point yellow and red square borders was made for this quilt but I did not like it.  Roy G. Big the center was a video pattern from Missouri Star and I knew I wanted to use the border strips that didn't work for Rainbow.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-28

I actually did some *sewing* today!  Using the grid-to-on-point layout that Viola showed us at the Retreat, I made this top yesterday and today.  I made it from 5" squares (finished) and put a square-in-a-square border around it, so it finishes at about 56" square.

I'm probably going to defer quilting it, as this was enough of a break and I need to return to my Hawaiian Applique and scrapbooking pages.

'

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-28

And I managed to finish another Hawaiian Applique block.  I actually took some time off to piece the quilt top in the previous message.

On to the next Hawaiian Block.  I probably need to start thinking on a layout .. whether I'll be satisfied with 12 blocks with or without sashing or if I think I might want a bigger quilt, which would mean I'd need to do some more blocks.  Oh, the decisions!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-28

Nice finish.  I may have to do that with mine but I usually don't make them more than lap size for the church group.