Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 230244 views.
bornblesse2

Mar-27

What great quilts!  Did you design them yourself?

bornblesse2

Mar-27

Stay safe Mishii!  I keep praying for the healthcare people and their heal and safety!  As if being overworked isn’t enough, you get exposed to so much most of can’t even imagine!

Midkid5

Mar-27

Yes and no.  Rainbow was an idea I had for quite some time than I saw a kit for the center but no pattern so I used graph paper to draw it out from the picture adding borders.  Originally the on point yellow and red square borders was made for this quilt but I did not like it.  Roy G. Big the center was a video pattern from Missouri Star and I knew I wanted to use the border strips that didn't work for Rainbow.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-28

I actually did some *sewing* today!  Using the grid-to-on-point layout that Viola showed us at the Retreat, I made this top yesterday and today.  I made it from 5" squares (finished) and put a square-in-a-square border around it, so it finishes at about 56" square.

I'm probably going to defer quilting it, as this was enough of a break and I need to return to my Hawaiian Applique and scrapbooking pages.

'

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-28

And I managed to finish another Hawaiian Applique block.  I actually took some time off to piece the quilt top in the previous message.

On to the next Hawaiian Block.  I probably need to start thinking on a layout .. whether I'll be satisfied with 12 blocks with or without sashing or if I think I might want a bigger quilt, which would mean I'd need to do some more blocks.  Oh, the decisions!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-28

Nice finish.  I may have to do that with mine but I usually don't make them more than lap size for the church group.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-28

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Hawaiian Block.

Love this blue and green one.  Is this the last of your 12?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-28

I'm making masks for Mishii.  These are the first 3 trials.  The men's size is the one that fits me.  Today I'm making some of novelty fabrics to add a little fun.

Men's size is what fits me too. I changed them, though, to put shoestrings along the top and bottom instead of loops of elastic, which hurt my ears. A coworker figured out another trick, tho, if you have these type--paperclips! Put a paperclip through each loop and hook them together. You can put it above your ears or down like a necklace, she said, and it keeps your glasses from falling and the mask from bugging your ears. :D Win! All my coworkers want me to make them one, but I don't have time to mass produce. There is one coworker, though, who has really taken care of me quite often (and even made a dinner just for me and brought in on her day off one day, just cause I said I was craving it!). I will make her one Monday...I am certain I couldn't make them for all that work there! It's a big facility, and even my small section (5 units) has about 75 per day working (nursing staff, which includes aides) if we were fully staffed (Bwhahah!)

Your masks are gorgeous!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-29

This is the penultimate .... unless I decide i want to make it larger,  in which case, more blocks will be needed.  Decisions, decisions.