Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 505546 views.
Midkid5

4/11/20

Neat idea, cute blocks

Jo

Mishii said:

Give me some ideas please!

And that is why I started making improv quilts. I just began with colors and then shapes and a set of self imposed rules to put it together............kinda fun and very addicting. I know it is not for everyone but for me I have been making improv quilts for over 10 years, well even longer because my first was during the art image challenge way back. Great way to begin is with the scrap bin and just mess around.

Lynne what a cool idea to make little house blocks with all the things in the doorways...........kinda sad too. Just hope your quilt stays small.

I have been so unmotivated to sew. I have done a little but it has now been days since I used the machine................just can't get in gear.

judyinohio

4/11/20

A lot of us feel that way, Ami.

Like a dark cloud is hanging over our heads ....

Suze (casuzenn)

4/11/20

your house blocks are adorable..

hope its a small quilt too!

5dogmom (CRISR5)

4/11/20

Your tiny houses are adorable!

Cris in MT

Trying to focus on anything seems a bit hard lately. Today I forced myself to copy and make a few adjustments to a pants pattern I was very excited to try a couple of months ago. It is one that I got a great blue linen fabric for at SAS during the retreat. So now I am gonna make a trial pair in some other fabric to see if it needs more adjustments before I cut into the nice linen fabric. I hope to get the first pair sewn up this coming week. Once they are done I hope to be more excited to cut into the linen and hopefully will have enough fabric for a top as well, not that I will wear the pants and top together but who knows.

Mishii

4/11/20

I'm playing with my serger.  I forgot how fun they are.

I don't really know how to use it, but my tension is great right now so I'm running with it.  I'm doing a QAYG and it is super duper fast with a serger.

I have to figure out how to put the rows together, but that will come later.

Suze (casuzenn)

4/11/20

QAYG...you put the rows together the same as you put the blocks into the rows...just longer strips of fabric...

bornblesse2

4/12/20

Mishii, glad your are taking a break from day to day things!

i finally sewed a few pping blocks for a quilt class that I was doing before all this.  I really should play at laying out the blocks, but I just don’t have the mojo to do it.

but, happy easter every one!  I am just now deciding a food menu.  I have a few eggs on to boil.  Guess I will go take a shower.