Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 241699 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
LeeAnn (mom1me2)

May-9

I just finished this top. Now on to sandwiching and domestic

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-9

YAY!!!    that is just fantastic!  Well done!

Your top looks wonderful! I love the taupe with the blue.

Suze (casuzenn)

May-10

ooh...nice! love the pattern

bornblesse2

May-11

Well, I started a post and just lost it!  Let’s try again! i thought I would share my distractions from sewing the 40 masks I have cut out.  They are boring, and more of what all of us are doing!

My Hubby built us a new dresser in his learning more carpentry endeavors.  This lead to a dresser swap, as my son took ours, and left me with his to put in my sewing area!  WIN! It fit right inbetween my machines perfectly! But this meant digging out tubs that had gotten buried and forgotten!  One had church charity that had long ago come home for me to work on.  So, I went to work.

1) a problem top got its corners fixed and ready to go back!

2) a large pile of rough blocks got squared up, a pattern drafted and pieces cut so it can be sewn!  There are more than enough blocks to make another, but that will take more drafting as they are different sizes.

3) I got a group of fabrics that went together nicely cut into strips the same size.  This morning I decided to sew that up! This will be a top for our third world charity that we will tie.  It made me happy having something cheery to sew together fast!

4) what I have left from that tub, is this group of fabric to make into more kits similar to above!  These play nicely too!  Nice of me to have bundled them together long ago!

now I have 2 empty tubs to go to the garage.  Oh, the other tub had christmas fabric - that is going to Laura for the guild Christmas party- and some red, white, blue fabric - going to Carrie for her Quilt of Valor blocks- and some misc. fabric that is going into what I have already.

progress made in several ways!  Good-bye tubs!  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-11

Yay for progress!

It actually is a great feeling to finally get something organized so you can see what you have and get to it easily.  *Excellent* on the donation quilt progress!  And *hooray* to getting rid of the tubs and freeing up that floor space!  woo hoo!

bornblesse2

May-11

I can’t tell you how happy I am to get those empty tubs out of there!  
lol, my car is loaded with lots of things to be delivered when I can begin doing that!  But, it makes a great storage place while I organize things.  I have hardly driven my car!

more to do.  But it is a great start in a forward direction!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-11

LeeAnn (mom1me2) said:

I just finished this top

Nice job.  You have been busy!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-11

bornblesse2 said:

progress made in several ways!  Good-bye tubs!    

So, what did you put in your new-to-you cabinet???  It's time for me to reorganize also.  Just finished all but 2 of the masks requested.  After that, I'm going to start a baby quilt that is due in early July and Mom and Dad are stationed in Japan.  Have to figure some mail time.

judyinohio

May-11

Cathy, all overseas mail is airmail these days.

I learned that when I sent quilt entries to Australian quilt contests.  The old days of "slow boat to China" are long gone.