Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504384 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Finally got in to your blog again.  That Carpenter's Wheel turned out beautifully.  Glad you went forward and got the top finished.  Can't wait to see how you quilt it.  Loved the quilting on your improv quilt also.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I just now remembered that I have a piece of red plastic ... a product that was marketed as a "Ruby Beholder". 

I use mine all the time.  I also have a green piece that I use if the fabric is a shade of red.  Hope you found yours.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Mishii said:

The illusion still works!  

For it to work, you have to know you are looking for a 3-D cube.  I could see it but I had to work at it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Cute quilt.  Love the wiener dog !

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/17/20

Mishii said:

We have a 2 story house and in one area the walls are the full 2 stories.

Hate to think of you being on a ladder up that high.  It's a job I would hire someone younger to do.   Oh, yeah.  You are younger than I.stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Mishii

5/17/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

You are younger than I.

I'm not young enough.  I leaned over the top railing and did the edging and was fine with that and I'm fine on the 8 foot ladder.  That big ladder though?  I did one section and was like, "Nope, I'm out."

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

Thank you Cathy...............I can't wait to see it quilted either, hopefully sooner than later.

bornblesse2

5/17/20

I’ve done the black and white to determine values.  When I discuss values in classes, it can be helpful for those that just can’t seem to see values.  Taking out the color helps them see in a different way.

sueinIL

5/18/20

I would call your blue and tan one "Sand Bars."  I love its wonkiness@

Sue in IL

Thanks Sue............yup it could be sandbars. When I pulled the fabrics I was thinking beach theme so that is perfect.