Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 250516 views.
judyinohio

Jun-24

Lynne shows everyone her beautiful red and white quilt and here I am,  galumphing along with my slap-dash string quilt for comparison. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Consider this photo a progress report showing you how haphazard piecing can empty two small baskets full of strings and create something interesting.

(And to make it more interesting, Delphi decided to flip my photo on its side. Does it really matter?  No.)

I love your string quilt Judy. That is a ton of work. I also made a few string blocks lately for the mystery a lot of us are doing and there is a topic here on delphi about it. They did not dent my 3 big scrap bins but I love how they look. Your finished quilt will be really beautiful!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-24

I love the look of your strings.  I like that setting also.  There are so many ways to arrange those blocks to make an interesting quilt.  I like to be able to use my scraps.

Midkid5

Jun-24

Oh I love your string blocks/quilt. It's so bright and colorful.

Jo

judyinohio

Jun-24

I find these blocks a form of "therapy" because I don't really have to think very hard while working on them and they take my mind away from troubles ....

judyinohio

Jun-24

Scrap reduction is the name of the game.  I am trying to keep an "I Spy" idea going as well, using at least one cute novelty fabric in each block.  DD gave me quite a few of her juvenile leftovers from when she made baby quilts for friends. Plus I had a lot of kitty-cat scraps left from the quilt I made for DH when his beloved Misty the Kitty died recently. These fabrics have livened up the game of strip-diving when I grope around in the baskets of bright colors.

judyinohio

Jun-24

Thank you, Jo, I appreciate your kind comment very much.

tuckyquilter

Jun-24

Today is Bonnie Hunter Workshop clean up day for me. (6-24) oh and the workshop was in Jun 2017.  I moved it to a door hanger so I would get motivated.  Worse I already HAD all the border blocks finished.  I need to organize myself in a better way apparently.  It's my project until I get it to the LA gal

The Free pattern is on Bonnie's blog, and called My Blue Heaven.

bornblesse2

Jun-24

I like it Judy!

you can do so many things and designs with string blocks.

latterberry

Jun-25

Oh, Judy, that is going to be so stunning!  Beautiful contrast between the darks and lights.  How big is each block?  Looks like you used some pretty skinny strings--that's a lot of work.