Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 252567 views.
judyinohio

Jun-25

Jo, that's wonderful! 

When I checked a few months ago I did not find them on the site.  Those are the best foundation papers (because of the size) . The ones you found today are a different color (mine are printed in pinkish ink) but I'm so happy to see that they are for sale.

judyinohio

Jun-25

Are you talking about the John Flynn pre-cut "Storm at Sea" kit?  I got so frustrated with that because it was not foundation pieced.

Pinning is so painful for me with my bum thumb ....

Msg 3006.4003 deleted
LindaPutt

Jun-26

Nice use of strings.  I really like it.

DonnaMc

Jun-27

Did you teach the mystery quilt at the Valley of the Sun in retreat one year and it was an Irish chain it was that somebody else?  I’m looking for the pattern. I was hoping that it was you were the teacher and had the pattern.  If you do or if you know where I can get it can you point me in the right direction or send it to me?  

sorry that I posted here I don’t know how to start a new message I really know how to reply.

tuckyquilter

Jul-6

When I paper piece, I don't sew through the paper. I fold it back to the line, trim, and then glue the next piece of fabric on.  Then I sew right along the fold on the fabric.  Sometimes I'll even use a long stitch and sew along the lines for easy folding. This is on freezer paper.  After I sew the fabric on, I press it to the paper as it sticks, and repeat the process.  Hopefully you can see the stitch marks on the paper. I did the backside as it shows better.

Should you use freezer paper, be sure and print on the NON-shiny side.. or you'll have a smeared mess.  Learned my lesson.  I cut the freezer paper to either letter or legal size, depending on what I'm doing.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-6

yup...sure beats ripping the paper off!

Well I am officially done with all the silly tshirt quilts for a while. I wanted to do something different but what. I was looking at my mini storm at sea and thought i should do another miniature. So tonight I started that pattern where a snail trail block is mixed with pieced cat silouette, dont remember the name of the pattern. I am making the blocks 3 inches. grin

Yup, I am crazy.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-6

Using freezer paper is exactly how I was taught to paper piece by Judy Mathieson.   You get the precision sewing but none of that nonsense about tearing see-through paper off.

Did you finish the T-shirt quilt for Bruce S. yet?  Just wondering.