Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 254777 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-10

Mishii said:

One of our marketers has a 3D printer and she made little HEROES elastic holders.

Can you post a picture?

I bought one of the crocheted with buttons...broke the elastic straps over and over. I gave up. I'll just have to deal with it, I guess :( LOL!!! 

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-10

needs to be longer if its breaking the elastics....

now to think about a border.

judyinohio

Jul-11

How about very thin piano keys? 

(I am thinking pencil-thin piano keys ... perhaps even a preprinted rainbow fabric that might be lurking in your stash.)

I was kind of thinking of small 4 patches on point, similar to the centers of the tails - but not as small.  And not completely all the way around.  I'll make a few and see what they look like.  I also like how it looks now, I may just leave as it, put a narrow black sash, then binding black with a bright flange.  still thinking

judyinohio

Jul-11

Sounds excellent.  Doesn't really need an elaborate border, just wanted to give you an idea to ignore.  :-)

tuckyquilter

Jul-11

Still playing with stuff out of scrap bags I've received.  These center blocks are 5.5" and I decided to do something with them this week.  I wanted a wonky look so I'm using Jodi Barrows method as it's easiest for me.  I will have to make a few extras to enlarge the quilt.  But hey, I mostly use OPF so it's a savings to me.  I hate to waste good fabric.  

The spin direction depends on which way you turn the block as you trim at the 60 degree angle. I did some clockwise, some counter clockwise to get the B & W to be next to each other and make a secondary pattern. 

Also took a Fabric Roadtrip with 5 friends on the 8th.  Went to M&L down in Anaheim, CA about 1.5 hrs south of us.  They have a ca-jillion bolts and flats of fabric.  Me in my Happy Place.  Like I needed more fabric.  Wait, yes I did.... greys/neutrals/whites for backgrounds.  Prices are really cheap for the 'off the bolt flats' I'm standing next too. $3.49 a yard and they are name brand mfgs too.   Life Is Good... We had lunch at Norm's Diner, an LA area landmark.  Great food at great prices