Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 311794 views.
MarciainMD

Nov-30

Ooo, love the hour glass border!

MarciainMD

Nov-30

How nice that you have so much room for all your sewing and quilting supplies!!  I need to get myself organized soon.  I know I can make more room, but it's harder to actually get it done.  I always find a project that I need to work on first.  Does that mean I'm a procrastinator?

MarciainMD

Nov-30

This quilt gets more fantastic with each round.  Love it!

MarciainMD

Nov-30

Your  "house arrest" quilt looks really nice.  The creams give your eye a rest from the bright strips.  It's wonderful.

MarciainMD

Nov-30

That's beautiful!  I like the swags.

thanks Marcia.  It was fun watching it grow.  Nice to see you, haven't seen you posting much lately.

MarciainMD

Nov-30

Thanks Dee.  I hope to stop in a bit more frequently.  I haven't done a lot of sewing because of some health issues.  It seems like I'm always busy with one thing or another.  I'll be glad when I can finally start another quilt. Tomorrow I'll post some photos of my little projects.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-30

About halfway around my DGD's t-shirt quilt.  Have to do in short pieces as my hands have been cramping.  Also made about 10 Christmas masks for Bob and I and DS and family.  Need to get in the spirit.   Forgot to take a picture when I still had them all.  They aren't as pretty as Carolyn's embroidered ones.  Maybe she will post them here.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-2

Here's the latest progress on my EPP 3D Hollow Cube hexie project.   I've interspersed some 3D pop-up cubes and some "solid" folded origami hexies amongst the Hollow Cube hexies.

I think this is as large as the hexie part is gonna get.  I didn't have a plan on how to arrange all the hexies and wasn't sure I'd like one color butting right up against another.  I kinda like some sort of transition between colors.  So, in an attempt to create such a transitions, I made some pieced hexies in specific color combinations that pulled in the colors from all sides.  Some attempts were more successful than others. :-)   Then, to give the eye an occasional resting place, I put in the origami hexies.

Once all of the hexies are sewn together,  I'm thinking of appliquing the whole thing onto a background fabric.  That will leave quite a bit of empty background fabric around the hexies.

I'm not sure, at this point, if I'll leave it as empty space or if I'll add a few appliqued "somethings".  I can defer that decision until later.

Your hexi cubes are looking great. I have my hexi cube quilt on the longarm and have done a background fill and two ghost hexis. Next step is quilting the hexis. I have some photos on Instagram under my name.