Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 311658 views.

I think I saw something at a quilt show recently, I remembered I had wanted to try something like a Venetian blind set up but never could figure out how to do it.  What I saw was something that rolled up.  I think I saw it in Houston.  What would be cool would be to do like the old quilt frames that raised up to the ceiling. Your ceiling is high enough, do fabric stretched between PFC pipes and raise it up out of the way.  yes, I know you have plenty of ideas smile

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-4

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

What I saw was something [design wall] that rolled up.

yes!  I've seen those at quilt shows also and I was VERY interested.  They operated on the same principle as roll-up/pull-down window shades  AND THEN ... I realized that the longest product they had wouldn't even fit a twin (roughly 60" or so wide).  What earthly good will that do??  I need a design wall *at least* for a queen (80"-90")

And then ... I was just now trying to find that company that I saw at the quilt shows (unsuccessful search) when I found THIS LADY who shows how she did a DIY roll-up design wall.  It's awesome!

" yes, I know you have plenty of ideas"

Yup, I do.  Ideas are one project.   Buying supplies is another project.  Actually constructing the idea is another project.  :-)

latterberry

Dec-4

Awww... It warms my heart too to hear of such a sweet reaction to your lovely gift.  It makes all the work well worth it.  Now the other gals in the office are going to be wishing they could get one from you too.

judyinohio

Dec-4

Now the other gals in the office are going to be wishing they could get one from you too.

Well, the other gals in the office are going to need to be more pleasant when a patient walks up to the front desk and checks in. Some of them act annoyed at being interrupted from their chit-chat.
(So says the former office manager at a doctor's office.  LOL)
  • Edited December 4, 2020 3:22 pm  by  judyinohio

oh, that's perfect.  Exactly what i was thinking of when I was using my breakfast nook.  I had rolled an old table cloth backing to a dowel and just had it wedge above a cabinet.   I'm fortunate now to have room for the foam boards velcro'd to a wall.  I also have a curtain rod with clips for photographing finished (heavy) quilts.  so not an issue for me now.

tuckyquilter

Dec-4

Hexie quilt growth is really neat.  I'm loving your progress..

tuckyquilter

Dec-4

These are pretty.  You are WAY more ambitious than I am.

tuckyquilter

Dec-4

Emptied the Tumbler block bin, and have two quilts in columns, ready for backing/batting and quilting.  They will eventually get done.

I've moved on to the billions of 4-Patches. Cutting them down to 3.5" and making 16-Patches that will end up a quilt top at some point in time. Just trying to get some of these bins empty so I can feel like something has been done around here.

I do mix & match my bins though - if I get bored with the project..BUT the bin does NOT leave my sewing table, reminding me to Finish this up.  LOL

Also updated my photo.  Hair keeps getting shorter and shorter. Last year at this time it was almost to my waist. 

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-4

Luckiest gal in the office is right!

Those other ones need to mind their Ps and Qs...