Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 311634 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-4

tuckyquilter said:

Hair keeps getting shorter and shorter. Last year at this time it was almost to my waist.

eh.. mine too...it was getting huge knots at the nape - rubbing on the collar of my robe I think...so I whacked it - not quite as short as yours though!

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-4

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Ideas are one project.   Buying supplies is another project.  Actually constructing the idea is another project.  :-)

aye...

I had this wild idea to make some Wheelies for my chair at Retreat several years ago...bought most of the supplies...got the casters and the tennis balls...but that is as far as that project has gotten... need to get some nuts and bolts still. And then construct them - which should not actually take too long...cut an x in the top of a tennis ball , poke holes for the bolts, slap some hot glue onto the ball and adhere to the caster, attach the bolts on with the nuts...  Sure would be HANDY to have them on the Retreat chair - turns it into a rolling chair!

but....alas...buying two of the three required parts is as far as I have gotten....

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-4

"...I had this wild idea to make some Wheelies for my chair at Retreat several years ago..."

THAT. IS. GENIUS.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-4

yah...I would LOVE to give credit to whomever came up with this fantabulous idea...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-4

judyinohio said:

Her coworkers told her that she was the luckiest woman in the office.

How nice to see a gift appreciated!  Great idea.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-4

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

DIY roll-up design wall.  It's awesome!

It is awesome and could hang in front of my fabric storage cabinets.  Have to think about it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-5

Finally finished the binding on DGD's t-shirt quilt.  These were some of her competition climbing t-shirts.  She is now in Culinary school in New York.  That will explain the back.

How fun! She will treasure it for sure!

judyinohio

Dec-5

What a beautiful and super-duper quilt!!  You done good, grandma!!

tuckyquilter

Dec-5

Great Quilts.. and it sounds like you'll "be eating good in the neighborhood before long too.