Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 328168 views.

My "ring cycles" project is going well. It is very much like a puzzle. I have decided to connect the y-seams on the machine rather than hand piecing.  Backstiching at start and stop. So far so good, though I have not tried attaching the "ring" to the large hexagon yet. I ended up piecing the large hexagons from triangles, decided against applique. I like the autumn feel.

tuckyquilter

Dec-20

Love Log Cabins ( and 4-9-16 patches too).. Log Cabins can really help eliminate scraps in a pretty way. Can't wait to see how you put it all together

bornblesse2

Dec-20

Well, I finally finished cutting the logs for the log cabin.  But I will not start sewing it yet.  I have a tshirt quilt to make.  I have been procrastinating on that one.

here we are so far.  I'm glad I decided to just do a table runner.  I don't really like the Y seams much. blush

judyinohio

Dec-21

That is breathtaking! You are a fabric wizard for sure.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-21

wow...really, really like the colors.

yah.. Y-seams are tricky!

Y seams are a lot of start and stop and you need to Mark really accurately. It is looking good.

I am getting pretty good at the y seams, lots of practice.  The thread cutter and backspace lever are coming in very handy. The colors are lucious, some of the fabrics I have used the very last piece, made me a little sad to cut them. Beautiful woodsy fall batiks, love them. 

Thanks Judy. Most of the fabriks are left over from a kit. I am just using them as a starting point.  I have added a few favorites from my stash that felt similar. I feel a bit like a painter, mixing paints. One of the blues I added was too blue, too intense. I had only put in 3 triangles but it changed the whole thing from fall feeling. So I took them out, it was surprising, looking at the fabrics in a stack they seemed to work, but in the actual mix just not right. Thank goodness for a good design wall