Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 330503 views.

here we are so far.  I'm glad I decided to just do a table runner.  I don't really like the Y seams much. blush

judyinohio

Dec-21

That is breathtaking! You are a fabric wizard for sure.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-21

wow...really, really like the colors.

yah.. Y-seams are tricky!

Y seams are a lot of start and stop and you need to Mark really accurately. It is looking good.

I am getting pretty good at the y seams, lots of practice.  The thread cutter and backspace lever are coming in very handy. The colors are lucious, some of the fabrics I have used the very last piece, made me a little sad to cut them. Beautiful woodsy fall batiks, love them. 

Thanks Judy. Most of the fabriks are left over from a kit. I am just using them as a starting point.  I have added a few favorites from my stash that felt similar. I feel a bit like a painter, mixing paints. One of the blues I added was too blue, too intense. I had only put in 3 triangles but it changed the whole thing from fall feeling. So I took them out, it was surprising, looking at the fabrics in a stack they seemed to work, but in the actual mix just not right. Thank goodness for a good design wall

latterberry

Dec-22

Oh wow!  Absolutely stunning!

bornblesse2

Dec-22

Dee, you are brave  to do that pattern.  My old boss at the quilt shop did a whole quilt With that pattern last year.  She always grumbled about getting all those y seams attached.

it is very pretty!

thanks Ellen.  I am enjoying how it is turning out.  And getting more comfortable with the y-seams.  I don't enjoying having to pin - I pin so rarely when quilting.  But doing better at getting them to match up, fewer that I'm having to restitch.  Also getting the feel of how far each stitch goes, how to eyeball where the needle is going to land. Only hit one pin so far and that was just a slick nick, so no broken needle. ha.  I would not want to do a large quilt though.  It's kind of like a pineapple.  Very pretty when done, but not a lot of fun to actually sew.