Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 604749 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

12/28/20

you could do this...yours is only table runner sized! it would be fiddly...but lovely!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

12/28/20

I could, it would be good SID practice.  But it's going to be on the wall above our TV, so you really won't be able to look at the quilting up close even if you wanted to.   We'll see how "wild and crazy" I feel this weekend.

Suze (casuzenn)

12/28/20

double wool batting...I bet you would see the quilting even above the TV!

latterberry

12/29/20

You have produced another incredible piece of art.  Simply amazing!

bornblesse2

12/31/20

I thought I’d post my distraction work this morning.  I was going to move a basket to get to a box of scraps to be ironed, sorted, and cut up into usable pieces.  BUT, I found the pile of Pooh fabrics that I have been trying to get into usable tops and backings.  
here is what I put together!  I split the border fabric and sewed the wide border print together to make a fun backing!  I didn’t want to lose the wide border.   Then squared up the chunk of fabric that was almost big enough for a top.  I didn’t want to lose the narrow border from the outside of the border print, so I cut it off and bordered the fabric for the top...adding blue cornerstones, just to make it easier.

i think it will make a cute quilt - front and back!  

bornblesse2

12/31/20

I’m on a roll!  There was a one yard piece with a fat quarter cut off of it.  And a strip of the backing piece left.  So, I added border to make it a nice size!  Quite cute!  (Maybe because I love Pooh!)

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

judyinohio said:

My email about your admiration just might provoke another giggle fit from her.

Thanks for letting me know of your friend's reaction.  I think he is so cute.  I'll enjoy looking at him as I try to get through some UFO's.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

ONE UFO AT A TIME. 

Has to be a reward.  I hope I can finish one or 2 before the retreat for Show and Tell.  I've given away what I have completed this year.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/31/20

This is awesome.  I can't imagine trying it.  You are so talented!