Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 506103 views.
latterberry

1/9/21

That's great how your son could help out using his artistic talents.  ur kids can sure surprise us sometimes.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/9/21

Suze (casuzenn) said:

WOMBAT

That's a new one on me.  I haven't even started mine.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/9/21

Nice blocks.  Should make a great block.

bornblesse2

1/9/21

That’s a nice block!  And doing them with light and dark backgrounds is going to make a nice quilt!

I started mine two days ago. Hopefully it will not be a WOMBAT!

YDritch

1/10/21

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

trying to work on that awful "bamboo" fabric

You mean you don't love that fabric.... (Why do you think I gave the hostesses the whole bolt?)

I actually bought the bolt for $2.00 at a thrift store in Walport, Oregon.  Are you thinking I overpaid?

I am not saying I do not love it.................there are possibilities there waiting for beautiful inspiration. I am just kinda saying what everyone else is saying about it. I hope that once we see what everyone made we will be just amazed. The moment I saw Kim with it I was intrigued.........half the fun with these challenges is coming up with an idea, the other half is seeing the ideas everyone comes up with. I just love challenges for that reason and am most happy that we are having one this year.

All said and done for $2.00 a bolt you should be pinching yourself that you got an amazing deal. For being willing to share that fabric with the rest of you a huge thank you!!!

judyinohio

1/10/21

Okay, I have to admit that I am curious about this supposedly hideous "bamboo fabric" that all of the Retreat people are struggling with.

I know what bamboo plants look like because my son had a clump growing in his back yard in Maryland. So is this fabric a photo type realistic bamboo print or is it a monster-ish cartoon-y painted depiction of bamboo?  Lifelike colors or bold sassy imaginary colors?

Could someone please post a photo of this fabric so I can envy the challenge that is overwhelming everyone?

It's not really the bamboo design - it's the distinctly under-whelming blah colors.  Well, the theme this year is making something that will make others smile, so I'm sure there will be some interesting entries.