Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 477238 views.
Mishii

Apr-30

Nah. I’m just slow. 

bornblesse2

Apr-30

Mishi,,,,that quilting on Sandys quilt is gorgeous!  You go girl!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-2

Riley Blake has some cute fabric lines.  Several years ago when I was making a baby quilt, I wanted little helicopters.  They had them.  I enlarged them and made some to applique on and used the fabric for sashing and borders.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-2

Mishii said:

Look what I have on my frame!  

Wow!  Nice quilting in that block I can see.

Now I see the pattern you used! I like it.  I finished my granddaughter’s First Birthday quilt top last Saturday. So I’m looking for a scrap buster project now.  

Awesome!!!! That is beautiful. Thank you ;)

something about her quilts I just really enjoy.  simple blocks go together to make interesting secondary patterns (though you don't see it so much on this last one because I used too big a variety of backgrounds).  She uses a lot of the corner triangles, so I keep collecting lots of little waste triangles.  I was just glancing through one of her books that I don't have (Amazon had a bunch of pictures) and this one looks fun - and I can use some of the baggies full of white waste triangles I have from another quilt).  This might be my next I spy.    this book (scrap basket strips & squares) is only $16, might order that if I can't find it at half price.

here is the block - very simple.  But how fun is it all together!

Ok finally finished your amazing quilt. Took my time and I think it will knock your socks off. My DBIL is going to take some professional photos in the next week or so. It will be heading back to Texas soon.

Next up a quick one for Yetta and then I need to decide what to do after that.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-7

Mr. Pirate & I just returned from a small road trip down the California coast.  We had done a different small road trip eastward from us, into the hot, dry inland area of California, where I discovered that the area we were camping in had a TON of pollen in the air.  achoo!  So, I told Mr. Pirate that our next trip(s) were gonna need to be on the coast where the pollen hopefully wouldn't be as high!  So we went to Pfeiffer Big Sur, a drop-dead gorgeous coastal Redwood preserve ... and NO pollen!  woo hoo!

I brought along my road trip Forever Project.  This is newly  designated as a "road trip" project because it's mindless hexies ... I've talked about this project before .. but now I have repurposed it into "color blocked" groups of hexies.  As such, it's something that I don't even need to think about working on, which is absolutely perfect for working while in the car or in camp.   

I have a different needleturn project for working on when I'm am home.   The needleturn applique project actually has some hopes of becoming finished at some point; the color blocked hexies have no such deadline.  LOL!   It's gonna be one of those open-ended Forever Projects that if it never gets done, I won't be disappointed..

So, during this trip, I "finished" the orange color block, which is to say, I've used all the orange I have so far,  I've even bought charm packs on our trips to bolster the orange ... apparently, it's not one of my favorite colors.  :-)    I've included some peaches and yellows (that had orange in it).

I moved on to the purples .....  I know I have a lot more purple scraps to dive into, as well as lots of purple yardage that I can cut into.

I'm not trying to make these color blocks "fit" into each other at this point.  I'm just going to work on each color separately.  Each is going to get as large as it wants to be.  At this point, I haven't even settled on any particular shape of each color block or how the color blocks will merge into the next.  Those are decisions that can be deferred for quite a while.  :-)

But, now that I am back home, I will set the color blocked hexies away until the next road trip and return to working on the needleturn applique, A Gathering of Quails.   I also really need to finish up one of my earliest hand-pieced hexie projects which I have loaded up on my long arm.   Hmmm ... maybe I'll concentrate on the longarm project because I think that has a finish that could be sooner than the applique.  :-)