Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 475778 views.
judyinohio

May-7

Jo,  lately I am a case of "the mind is willing but the flesh is weak".  

Dee keeps sharing these cool ideas of neat scrap quilts that are bright and colorful that make my fingers itch to cut and sew. But at age 80 there are body parts that just don't want to sit hunkered for hours at the sewing machine any more. I have purchased all of the "cheaters" I can ... cutting contraptions and pre-cut things and I've done everything that I can to make the work easier but there are still limitations that cramp my working hours.

(Plus hiding in the sewing room is a refuge from Grumpy, my DH who is not much fun to hang out with any more. Mishii has her PITA and I have my Grumpy.)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-7

Judy, I've liked that Beads layout for a long time.  Never have quite gotten around to making it .. but some day. :-)   You've done it in scrappy ... that's fantastic.  I've seen it done in many other colorways ... all fantastic!  I think this is one of those patterns that you just can't go wrong.

Stonehenge fabric.  Say no more.  That's another out of the park home run!  I've never seen a Stonehenge fabric that I haven't immediately coveted.  :-)

latterberry

May-8

Judy-- what beautiful beads!  ? really is absolutely stunning, and you are right--the border is perfect.  What are your plans for this beauty?

latterberry

May-8

Even at almost 70, the body parts aren't as cooperative.  Thanks to some septic plumping issues I spent a good part of the day pulling up carpeting in the workroom and then having to use a putty knife to scrape up the foam rubber that stuck to the floor.  Now, every once in a while my right hand will freeze up and I have to use my other hand to pry my fingers open.  Hurts like heck!

judyinohio

May-8

No plans other than keeping it for myself as a couch quilt for afternoon naps when the snow flies ....

Mishii

May-8

I did my beads quilt in Christmas fabrics. Turned out really pretty and very holiday festive. Very versatile pattern for sure!

judyinohio

May-8

Oh, what a brilliant idea! 

I might share that with my DSIL who will be visiting our house for the first time in years next Tuesday. (I'm leaving the "Beads" quilt on my design wall until the visit from the inlaws until after their visit.)  She will be bragging about all of her Hawaiian fabrics from a recent trip but I happen to know that she recently made Christmas quilts for all of her grandchildren so she might have a stash of leftover holiday prints ....

judyinohio

May-8

Thanks for your kind words, Pirate.

I've noticed that  you seem to favor hand work so that might be why the "Beads" thing never finds itself at the top of your list. It represents days at the machine as far as I'm concerned

tuckyquilter

May-9

Just returned from a long road trip to the Midwest.  Only thing I sewed was hemming baseball pants for my grandson's team.  I took a machine along this time and left it there for use down the road.  At least I have one in their home now.  NO ONE in my DIL's family OR circle of friend sew etc.  They are completely lacking in the Ladies Domestic Arts.  LOL

I had a grand time cutting out kits for 4 new I spy quilts, fun using some of my recent fabric purchases. I also made a sort of vest for my daughter to use with one of her therapy patients. I have made others to help teach buttoning but this child does not like putting the vest on her ownbody so DD is going to try practicing on a doll first. I made a small vest that has 3 VERY bigbuttons that I attached to the front of a onsie that fits the doll. DD is excited to try it. She is hoping buttoning in the doll 1st will get her started. She also thinks her OT friends will want ones too. I may go in to business sewing therapy stuff..