Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 499975 views.

That's one thing I like about Edyta Sitar - she mixes up piecing and applique, and she also mixes all kinds of fabrics - yarn dyed, cotton prints, batiks.  But her quilts all look so perfect because everything works together.  

latterberry

5/13/21

I saw this on Pintrest for a border idea.  Your little quail are just darling!

MelRN

5/13/21

Hahah! I think Pirate has one every year or two, but they always look amazing and are SO well put together :) 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

bornblesse2 said:

wish me gumption and luck!

I know how you feel.  My sewing room feels so much better now that I have reorganized.  There is still more to do but I'm working at it.  Moved out 4 more charity quilts Monday to the church group and 2 of the ladies came over and we tied 2 more scrap tops.  One of them took them home to bind.  Now working on the first of the 3 t-shirt quilts for my nieces and nephew from my brothers t-shirts and hockey jerseys.  Last weekend Bob helped me get things together to mount the design wall on the wall.  It really helps for this kind of quilt.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

Love your beads quilt and the border fabric.  Stonehenge is a great line of fabric.  I plan to do a quilt using the beads pattern but it will have to wait.  I have to make 3 t-shirt quilts and then finish some other projects before I allow myself to start something new.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I have made others to help teach buttoning

What a great thing to do!  Good for your daughter for coming up with a clever idea to help her client and you for assisting.  You could go into business.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

But, dang.  I was on a roll!  I'm 2/3rds done with the center hexies!!   Sigh.

Sorry you have to take a break from quilting, esp. when you are on a roll.  Running out of a thread when you are piecing is one thing but when you are quilting, it's a disaster.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

Many of my UFO's are waiting for additional blocks.  Unfortunately, I can leave them undone.  I'm working on moving forward with some of them now.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

, "A Gathering of Quails". 

Really cute.  I don't blame you for keeping it.  I'm sure you will find a way to enlarge it that suits you.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

5/13/21

I finished a top from the square in a square batik block that I received from a block exchange that Mel hosted a few years ago.  I had started putting them together at a retreat a year or so ago but now the top is done and ready to go to Carrie to quilt.  I had a piece of 108" wide batik backing fabric in blue which will be the backing.  I will keep this one, at least for now.