Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 501337 views.
judyinohio

Jun-18

Thank you, Ami. 

I have purchased a handsome fabric for the borders and backing as well. Keepsake Quilting has an amazing assortment of choices in their 108 x 108  "Back Packs" that go with just about any doggoned concoction of quilt fabrics that you can put into a quilt top.

This is what I'm going to use on this "barber pole" creation I am working on now.

https://www.keepsakequilting.com/Cream-Circle-Play-108-3-Yard-Back-Pack

MelRN

Jun-18

Isn't it great to have hobbies to keep us occupied?! Looking good!

judyinohio

Jun-18

Yes.

Having quilting to keep hands busy is much better than eating potato chips. grin

MelRN

Jun-18

judyinohio said...

Having quilting to keep hands busy is much better than eating potato chips

Hahah! True 'dat!

sueinIL

Jun-18

The shading on that backing is very pretty!  It's such a good feeling when you find that "perfect" fabric.

I already have a pattern and all the individual fabrics for my next quilt.  Well, "next" is a relative term since I usually have 3 or 4 going at the same time.  But I have put myself into a zero project zone until I actually complete the 3 tops that were already in the works. I'm just about ready to sew rows to put the #2 top together (it's the Lincoln quilt) and then start on #3 (nine patch and rails).In another week or so, I'll feel much better about launching the new one. And the national parks panel I just sent for, and the patriotic quilt I bought a kit for....

Sue in IL

Or then there are real rebels like me that make my string blocks with no foundation at all. I just press and then square up. I do lay them over a template to check that they will be close to the right size.

Judy that is a nice looking backing fabric. It will be perfect with your string quilt.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jun-18

Judy,

That is FABULOUS and the backing fabric you've picked out is just perfect!  Good job!

Cris in MT

judyinohio

Jun-18

Oh, my, Ami, I just love the predictability of that nice crisp square of paper. Guess it is my librarian's soul that likes perforating paper .... LOL

As long as I'm on a kick of taking photos, here are my laundry baskets of fabric strips ... do ya think I'll have enough to make 24 more blocks? (Yes, Judy, you will have enough fabrics ... that was a very dumb question.)

And here's a photo of sixteen of the 16-patch blocks I am creating as I stitch the ten-inch red and neutral paper foundation blocks. Those 16-patchers (and more) will eventually go into a scrap quilt that was shared in the thread on using up your scraps.

judyinohio

Jun-18

Thank you very much, Cris.  Enthusiasm from forum members will keep me going when I get bogged down in boredom.  LOL