Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 456344 views.
judyinohio

Jun-18

I spent years just using "thread bunnies" when I sewed off the end of a seam but then I eventually realized that if I planned ahead I could make those scrappy things instead. And then I found that there were merchants on Etsy.com who sold bundles of assorted 2.5 inch squares in all kinds of odd fabric colors and patterns .....

such a cute pattern.  Do you have a special wall to hang it?

that is going to be georgeous!

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

On a side not I think you really need to stop with the term "forever project" as that implies years not months in progress :)

as the guy says in Princess Bride, "I don't think that means what you think it does".  (though there the reference is to "inconceivable")

good for you Judy.  You've got your quilting zen back.

Well I've been quilting.  Figured since I needed to quilt the marine t-shirt quilt, I might as well quilt the two large throws I had done earlier this year.  So I've got 3 quilts quilted and now to do the binding.  I decided I really needed to give my hands a rest from the hand quilting.  Though machine quilting is a bit hard on my back (bad posture). 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-19

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

such a cute pattern.  Do you have a special wall to hang it?

I've enlarged it to be a twin sized quilt, so ... no wall needed.  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-19

And Ami ....

I keep telling you guys ... some Forevers are longer than others.  :-)

I'm thinking you define "forever" like a nine year old ("are we there yet")

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-19

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I'm thinking you define "forever" like a nine year old ("are we there yet")

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe