Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503200 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-28

Dee, that is going to look outstanding!  A very tedious finish but, boy, is it gonna be worth it!

thanks again for the idea.  I figure I spent so much time on the applique I shouldn't short change the finish.  I did find a good blog post about doing this that was helpful.  Sharon Schamber has a video but she is charging (understandable).

thanks Shelley.  I'm pleased with how it's coming out.  it also most looks braided with the two colors.

judyinohio

Jun-28

This is not a Forever quilt in the fashion of dear Pirate, but there was a long pause along the way when my stylus light went ker-ploooey on Lily Aurora. I had to wait for the arrival of a new one so I could resume my pantograph work. (By the way I came to despise this particular pantograph ... just could not find my rhythm with the thing. Guess it was too stretched out or something.)

Anyhow, the quilt is out of the dryer and on the couch, ready for afternoon nap time but first I must share a few photos with my quilting cronies ...  first, the classic "draped on the couch" pose. 

Next, a bit closer to the camera pose ...

And, thirdly, another view because it is even closer. Pattern is called "Malachite".

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-28

that's "Jewel Box", isn't it, Judy?   One of my favorites that I have yet to make. :-)  You've used some gorgeous fabrics to showcase. 

I hear ya on the pantograph.  There are times when I'm stitching with one, I need to play "Jedi Mind Tricks" to keep on going, otherwise, I think I would seriously think I needed to be doing anything else ... like clean the toilet. :-)     When you can't find the rhythm of the dance, it makes it very difficult to get into the Zen of quilting.

But, you've finished!  Hooray!  One more project can be checked off.  I foresee some very cozy afternoons, snuggled under the quilt, "conserving energy".  :-)

judyinohio

Jun-28

I looked up "Jewel Box" quilt pattern and that is not what I used. (At least it is not the "Jewel Box" that Donna Jordan is using .... perhaps there are lots of "Jewel Box" quilt patterns out there.)  Anyhow, no HSTs or triangles used until it was time for the setting pieces on the edges.

The idea I used is one that Dee posted some months ago called "Beads" and it was my first crack at creating a quilt with diagonal rows. Imagine that .. making quilts since the 1990s and I don't recall ever doing diagonal rows before.

Of course, my memory is like a sieve these days ...

LABFIEND

Jun-28

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I just haven't found a box yet to mail in and it appears they aren't doing those boxes at the PO any more that used to be one price regardless of the weight.

Dee:  the PO still has flat rate boxes, medium and large, your PO office should have them (maybe they are hiding them in the back).  $15.50 for medium, @21.90 for large.  I remember when they were much cheaper!!

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jun-29

That's gorgeous, Judy!  I'm glad you had the perseverance to see it through to it's outstanding completion!

Cris in MT