Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503663 views.
judyinohio

Jun-28

I looked up "Jewel Box" quilt pattern and that is not what I used. (At least it is not the "Jewel Box" that Donna Jordan is using .... perhaps there are lots of "Jewel Box" quilt patterns out there.)  Anyhow, no HSTs or triangles used until it was time for the setting pieces on the edges.

The idea I used is one that Dee posted some months ago called "Beads" and it was my first crack at creating a quilt with diagonal rows. Imagine that .. making quilts since the 1990s and I don't recall ever doing diagonal rows before.

Of course, my memory is like a sieve these days ...

LABFIEND

Jun-28

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I just haven't found a box yet to mail in and it appears they aren't doing those boxes at the PO any more that used to be one price regardless of the weight.

Dee:  the PO still has flat rate boxes, medium and large, your PO office should have them (maybe they are hiding them in the back).  $15.50 for medium, @21.90 for large.  I remember when they were much cheaper!!

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jun-29

That's gorgeous, Judy!  I'm glad you had the perseverance to see it through to it's outstanding completion!

Cris in MT

latterberry

Jun-29

Wowzers!!  Sorry the pantograph wasn't fun for you, but it was worth the effort.  That turned out fantastic. So bright and cheery!  What's the next project?

judyinohio

Jun-29

Thank you, Cris. The pantograph work was indeed a pain in the patooty but fortunately it was only a couch quilt ... wink

judyinohio

Jun-29

What's the next project?

Lynne, you are such a nag! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye  I'm still working on the reds and neutrals HST thing, what I'm calling the barberpole quilt.

Plus I bought a cute kit featuring a Moda panel, a quickie cheater panel thing featuring all the Moda solids that should be easy and fun to play with.   https://www.fatquartershop.com/spectrum-quilt-kit  

It's a real no-brainer, small and easy to work with, except that it came with a hideous bubble-gum pink for the border that absolutely will have to be replaced.

Midkid5

Jun-29

Can not imagine having the patience to place that many pins.  It is gorgeous like something of royalty.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-29

wowzers! that is looking incredible....