Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504361 views.
judyinohio

Jul-15

Dazzling!!  Really, really dazzling, Dee.

thanks.  If you have oranges & reds left over from your log cabin strings you could give this one a try, it would look really pretty in a collection of fiery colors

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-15

that really is a stunning block.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-15

like how it looks but construction (at least for me) looks scary hard!! 

it is pretty dramatic, isn't it.

actually not too difficult.  They way Missouri star does it is very easy - here's the video if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU77WTvqIdY

I did mine a little differently.  make 5 hst.  then make two 4 patches, each with two HST and one dark & one light 2.5" square.  Up to that point same as MSQC.  But then rather than doing strips, I sewed each of the 4 patches to the short end of a 6.5 x 4.5 rectangle (one each  dark & light).  then sew a 2.5 x 4.5 dark rectangle and light rectangle  on either side of the remaining HST.  Sandwhich that piece between those two light & dark sub-blocks, sort of like sashing.  viola, a complicated block that isn't.  Biggest difficulty is to get the hst's going the right way.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-15

Oooh!  I like that and could give it good home!  LOL!

Cris in MT

viola (sissly4)

Jul-15

That is going to be one pretty quilt when you  will get done.

latterberry

Jul-16

I love your rick rack block!  Just what I need--more inspiration!