Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 500731 views.
bornblesse2

Aug-13

It’s looking really good!

latterberry

Aug-13

Your blocks are absolutely awesome,, Dee.  Those pine branches look so realistic.  I have faith you will have it done by Christmas.

judyinohio

Aug-13

That is a lovely work of art you are creating.

Midkid5

Aug-13

I so do hope you are able to finish it in time for Christmas.  It is such a work of art it needs to have a place this Christmas.

Jo

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-13

You are really making progress on your Dear Jane, 4 sq inches at a time.blush

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-13

These blocks will make a beautiful wall hanging.  If I remember right, that is your intent.  Your little pine branches look real.

At the rate you are going with this project and likely a desire to have it done by Christmas you should get there. It looks really pretty. Just a side note.........on the horse, you could design an applique mane instead of the embroidery and then make a few wavey lines when quilting it...........at this point it is no longer part of your quilt but you could use it for a pillow or some other small project.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-13

It looks really good!  Glad practice is helping you go faster.  I hope practice will help you relax and enjoy the process.

Cris in MT

Midkid5

Aug-13

Yours, Mine and Ours.....not the movie, strips and strings

Cathy and Dee both shared strips and strings with me, I was in the need of some mindless sewing to reduce stress level so pulled all the blue and light background  from what they sent and my box and created 37-12.5 blocks.  37 cause I miss counted.  Now which way do I assembly them?

Also saw a tumbling block quilt made from strings, so made a practice block. Did not make it right as strings should be running in the directions of black lines I drew on lights.  The small pile of blues scraps was all the blue strings that were left, had to pull a quarter yard of white from my yardage to have enough lights to finish strings blocks.  Thank you for sharing, Cathy and Dee.

Jo

it's upside down