Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 537841 views.

Finished up this little I spy this morning.  It was one of the kits I cut before the retreat and then got 90% sewn.  It is another idea from one of Kim Brackett's books.  It needs a border but I think I'll let it age in the closet a bit 1st.  Very simple to sew but a little complicated in the "layout".  Originally I didn't realize that I needed to make sure of contrast on the diagonal, otherwise the HST don't show up.  Fortunately I realized it before I sewed the HST, so I only had to rip and resew a handful of the rows.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-8

that's a really nice layout.  The rounded corners (at least they look rounded) give the impressions of twists of candy.

About the HST .. yeah, I believe I wouldn't have thought of the importance of contrast ahead of time either.  Good catch in time.

I finished the binding and hanging sleeve on the bargello from the 2015 retreat while I was in New Mexico. Before we left I loaded a well aged top on the longarm. I worked on it at a long ago retreat. Blocks from a boxed squares swap years ago with screaming lime green dashing. Well yesterday I started the quilting, an allover swirl variation. I finished the quilting on it today. Monday I am taking it to the quilt store in search for binding as I have nothing suitable in the stash. So glad to have another very large top (96" square) out of the finished tops box!!!! Woot!

Monday I will figure out what to load next.

Nice quilt. It kinda reminds me of taffy candy wrapped in the little wax paper squares that are twisted on both ends.

thanks.  I've been calling it the candy quilt.  It's just a snowball block (on opposing corners) and a HST.  super easy.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-8

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

So glad to have another very large top (96" square) out of the finished tops box!!!!

Oh, absolutely!  That must have taken up a HUGE amount of space in your box.  Now you have a great big hole ... testifying to an accomplishment!  woo hoo!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-8

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

It's just a snowball block (on opposing corners) and a HST. 

Ah, the close-up shows the details.   From the distance shot, those big block did kinda look like rounded corners.   I can certainly see that this would be an easy block to piece .. as long as you worked out the HST fabrics ahead of time!

latterberry

Oct-8

How Cute!  Looks like assorted candies.  Just what I need--another inspiration

latterberry said:

Just what I need--another inspiration

just trying to be helpful - grin ;-)