Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 533647 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-9

Viola, if you went ahead and used the 2.5" square, you would be creating your own pattern!

I finished this I spy that I started at my recent retreat (after the llama's were pieced).  It is one of the kits I put together.  I really wanted to use some of my white novelties, but it doesn't have as much contrast as the pattern needed.  It is another one from Kim Brackett.  It was very fast to put the kit together since I had already precut a bunch of 2.5" strips.  But if I do this pattern again, I'll use a TOT instead of the white novelties.  I like how the pattern creates it's own sashing.

Here is what the individual blocks look like.  but when you put them together it creates the star in the middle and and interesting pieced sashing.  Pretty clever.

Looks great.

I got the binding machine sewn to my queen sized quilt I just took off the longarm on Friday. I will hand sew it on my next trip to New Mexico in a couple of weeks.

I also loaded up another really old UFO. Another about.com blockswap the 3" nine patch. Still trying to figure out a quilting design but getting close to what I think I will do.

viola (sissly4)

Oct-13

It is pretty busy. It all has to do with the material that you use to make it interest cause the pattern is plain and simple.

Finally getting going on the 3" nine patch.

Thank you. It took a bit to come up with it. I think this is going to take a large chunk of time to finish but I am happy with the design. What is not to love about feathers. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-13

Wow .. that's awesome.  I never would have thought of doing that inside a 9-patch!  I love the innovative ways you think outside the box. :-)