Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504366 views.

that is coming together very nicely.  Working with quality fabrics sure is enjoyable, especially with small pieces.

I've been sewing on the kits I put together a few weeks ago.  Kind of avoiding starting the embroidery phase of the garland on the applique Christmas quilt. I'm  not excited about doing more pine branches, but it has to be done eventually. 

In the meantime I stitched this one, another Kim Brackett design.  They sure do go together quickly when everything is already cut out.  Initially I didn't have sashing but it just felt kind of "eh".  The dark sashing and fun rainbow border is exactly what it needed.  This block is SUPER simple too.  It is just a 4x4 square with 2 corners sewn snowball style, a 2x4 contrast strip and a 2x6 white strip.   Put 4 together and that's the block.  Another one for the "to be quilted" stack.

I finally got around to cutting out my test block for the double wedding ring king sized quilt for my cousin that got married last July. These fabrics were pulled out of the scrap bin. I purchased all new fabrics for the real quilt. Think blues and greens in bottle glass colors on the beach and a light sand beige background all batiks. I hope to sew this up on Monday. I found the template and video to make it on Donna Jordan's website.

The green for my test block uses this screaming lime green from the quilt I quilted last week. This was a very old boxed squares swap from about.com. I pieced the top at a retreat years ago. I just need to hand sew the binding to the back and make a label.

bornblesse2

Oct-16

I’m at retreat, and working hard on my Dear Jane! 
this is what is on the wall……

It is coming along!

I have more blocks done in a second notebook.  But I have been adding the 1” cut sashing and getting rows and parts of rows connected!

still have about 35 blocks/triangles to finish.  But coming along!

judyinohio

Oct-16

I am dazzled!

That is looking very, very good.

You really have a lot of those done!