Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504311 views.

though I have generally avoided commission quilts (other than T-shirt), I have recently agreed to make a Texas flag quilt for a friend whose wife has dementia.  Fortunately he picked an easy pattern, but I need to go shopping for red/tan/blue fabrics.  Still I think it will be pretty fun, definitely fast.

Mishii

Oct-21

judyinohio said:

Yeah, I have addresses for a lot of forum members from the days when I mailed off the scissors fobs but this little wall hanging is gonna stay here in Ohio.

That’s fine. You can just send me one of your old ones to make room for the new one. I don’t mind helping you make room. You’re welcome ?? 

judyinohio

Oct-22

Well, aren't you the clever one to suggest such a thing!

I've found a corner that I will be tucking it into once I get the binding sewn on .... really, truly in a corner like a very shy wallflower. Stay tuned for further developments.

judyinohio

Oct-22

Okay, Mishii, here's how I outfoxed you and squeezed one more wall hanging in.

If this northwest corner of my sewing room gets any more colorful it is going to be declared illegal by the good citizens of my township (who are, as a rule, a very timid cautious bunch).  I might have to keep the vertical blinds closed. grin

Here's a close-up view of this cute little semi-circular color wheel ... I am super happy that it wasn't a full circle because I would have lost my mind pivoting around all of those edges. If you are curious this is nailed to the wall using dress maker pins and my tack hammer.

That really turned out great!  I also have to say I'm jealous of your thread collection.  Those lovely shelves are a color wheel all by themselves.  Also jealous that you can leave them out without endangering anyone.  That would not work at my house where thread is considered a dangerous substance, similar to cleaning supplies & matches.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-22

What an EXCELLENT use of space!  I also love your rainbow of a thread cabinet!

Cris in MT

judyinohio

Oct-22

Ranger seems to have a more scientific mind than either our Pooky or our Misty ever had. Maybe he just needs to explore the potential of everything: Is it useful? Is it tasty? Is it a good toy?  Old age might slow him down but that will be sad.

Pooky would come into the sewing room but after I yelled at her for trying to catch the moving machine needle (I was stitching a seam and her beige paw really startled me) she was a rare visitor. She would nap on fabric on top of the big table but that was about it. 

Misty showed zero interest in the sewing room because she was Daddy's cat.

I know I am fortunate to have such a splendiferous sewing place but I had to wait for decades to get it. I spent most of my sewing "career" in a dark basement. Getting this room with windows on two walls was marvelous. That's why I don't mind crowding my wall hangings together ....

judyinohio

Oct-22

Took me  years to collect all of that cotton thread. Went to a couple of biggie quilt shows to get some of it and then finished up the collection by subscribing to the King Tut series (mail order) through Superior Thread Company. 

DD and Other Daughter will divvy it up when they divide my fabric stash.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-22

another gorgeous rainbow quilt! 

Midkid5

Oct-22

Ohhhhh that is possible the best rainbow I have ever see.

Jo