Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 502828 views.
viola (sissly4)

Oct-26

Shelley that is beautiful. You sure do a beautiful job. And put in a lot of work to it.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-26

oooh - it's gorgeous now...it will be gorgeous-er when the vines, flowers and leaves are done.

latterberry

Oct-27

Your llama farm is beyond incredible.  It amazes me how quickly you got it finished.  My granddaughter would adore it.

LindaPutt

Oct-27

Amazing quilt - beautiful collection of thread.  The way you have your thread displayed would draw me into wanting to quilt.  Inspirational!

Oh my word, look at that scrumptious thread.  I got rid of most of my embroidery thread thinking I wouldn’t use it. Now I am quilting with rulers and slowly replacing the thread collection! Your color wheels are amazing. 

Texas flag quilt almost done.  I am deciding whether I want to quilt it before attaching the star or not.  This is a commission quilt and honestly I've already spent too much time on it, I decided to add two more rows/columns to make it bigger since I had enough fabric and that cost some time.  Now I'm not sure how involved I need to get on the quilting.  Do I do an all over design, even over the star?  Do I change thread colors, etc etc.  so I'm going to spend this evening practicing some quilting ideas, hoping that will help me decide.

I think it would be great to just put horizontal wavy lines in the white and red sections, and maybe echo quilting for the star section.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-27

Jonna & I are thinking along the same lines!    wavy lines!

Or, what about point to point lines, echoing the outline of the star ... put the lines about 1" apart?