Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 608748 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

11/14/21

The garland is appliqued, I'm just adding the embroidery embellishment. But there is lots of pine boughs, so it's slow going.  Plus I do not want to rush the quilting on this.  Going to wait until after the holidays when I can really focus and take my time on it.

Mishii

11/14/21

Finished! Wound up being significantly larger than intended  86x86.  Guess it’s fine if you have a big lap.

Wow your quilt looks amazing!

tuckyquilter

11/15/21

Beautiful Quilt and Beautiful photo shoot.  I wish my son still lived in the Ft Collins area.. It's about the only "cold place on earth" that I could actually live, without whining to much.  I have some friends in Boulder that moved there from CA a couple of decades ago.

tuckyquilter

11/15/21

I'm just playing around and wasting time this chilly Sunday night.  Saw this on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl with my 3.5" strips.  The Pinterest one had a white background.  This is not a quilt in the making, it's just trying the concept to see how I might like it.  3.5" x 9" Half Hexies.  I need to cull all my strips... but didn't want to do "small" right now.   I just grabbed a couple of strips that kinda matched.  Used my 60 degree ruler to make the Hexies.

latterberry

11/15/21

Wow! Your wall hanging is lovely!

latterberry

11/15/21

Looks great!  I saw that on Pintret too ad it is on my list of things to try.

judyinohio

11/15/21

Wow, Mishii, that is absolutely spectacular!  Took a lot of time and patience to create that beauty but it was well worth it.

Thank you.That was a UFO top for years. I am on a mission to get thru as many of my UFO tops as I can.

judyinohio

11/15/21

I am starting on what might be a killer UFO for me ... never really had one and the idea is a bit scary but I'm bored with what I have been doing so I'm going to try this "Kresge Kid's Life" project and see where it takes me.  ("Kresge Kid"  is mentioned in the "Only One" thread.)

After spending a couple of days wandering through Quilter's Cache and the Barbara Brackman book of pieced quilt blocks I have some ideas to start working with.

First block created is one I'm calling "Baby Judy Arrives in Lucas County Hospital".  Turns out I am not very good at making HSTs (even with Thangles) but I since I was born prematurely, quite undersized with one eye turned in and allergic to the orange juice they tried to feed me I guess it is all right if the block is a little bit whopper-jawed. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye 

(I cheated and found a way to make an Ohio Star block with HSTs in the Brackman book.)

• Edited November 15, 2021 12:19 pm  by  judyinohio