Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 611219 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

judyinohio said:

If someone had told you that total before you started you would never have picked up the first piece of fabric ....

She started out making a smaller quilt, maybe a wall hanging and then got caught up in it.  The blocks are wonderful to see in person.  Hard to capture it all in our photos.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

I posted this in the retreat thread, but since some of you don't go there, I will post it here also.  Our lotto blocks for this retreat are a sawtooth star or a variation from Quilter's Cache.  I made 3 today.  We can submit up to 10.  I wanted to see how they went together before I cut too many.  I was able to borrow Carrie's 12 inch Accuquilt Cube for most of the pieces.  Makes life easier with all the triangles and flying geese.  Hope to get the rest cut out this weekend.

bornblesse2

Jan-15

Shelley, that rope tool is quite neat!  What a way to make a border easier!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

I also completed labelling the t shirt quilt I was making for my nephew so that I could finally get it in the mail.  I know you saw the top but here is the final product.  2 down and one to go.  I love the backing fabric I found for this quilt.  It was perfect and so nice to not have to  piece a back.

judyinohio

Jan-15

That is a super terrific quilt for a young man.  Great job, Aunt Cathy!

bornblesse2

Jan-15

Cathy, your quilt looks really great!  That will be loved!

latterberry

Jan-16

Love your t-shirt quilt! Your nephew will be so happy with it.   

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-16

Thanks.  I like it.  My reverse jigsaw puzzle method of design.  I'll be glad to finish the third and last one.  It's at least started with some pieces and parts on the design wall.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-16

He should get it Thursday.  I'll let you know what he says.

Dee keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. You are really doing some fin designs.