Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 810343 views.
judyinohio

4/7/22

Are you enjoying working on these? 

They look nice but I think they all look too similar to each other except for the happy yellow one.

I am enjoying them a bit.  I was thinking tho, I really would prefer applique.  With applique I find excuses to sit down and work on it. 

These are kind of  -  well - eh.  Not work exactly but not something I love.  I need to find another applique project to get excited about.  the Christmas one went much faster than expected.  Start to finish it will have only been a year - which is pretty quick for me.

judyinohio

4/7/22

Well, take it from me, you want to be working on something you are really enthusiastic about.

Do not waste your energies on a time-filler. That's what jigsaw puzzles are for. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

well but I can't take jigsaws with me in the car while waiting on DH at the hardware store.  or driving the 2 hours to go see DD.

latterberry

4/8/22

I really like your cheery blocks!  How big are they?

I need to prep another applique project as well. The extent of handwork lately has been numerous quilt binding. I just need to find a fun p reject and do some prep.

judyinohio

4/8/22

Well, the colors in this project might not agree with you but I found this EPP project by typing  "cat EPP quilt" into Google.  It is your hand piecing and there's a tiny cat in the center ...

https://nwquiltedcat.com/category/epp/

If you do a more serious search I am sure you will find something ...

(Frankly the colors set my teeth on edge but then Tula Pink's things usually do. LOL)

judyinohio

4/8/22

Going to Etsy could get you into all kinds of mischief ... type EPP quilt kits in the search box and see what happens.

www.etsy.com

I found this one quite easily:

ETA:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/551349550/tulas-bloomers-quilt-pattern-pack?click_key=6ecd0970c7785b16426bcbb7cabc228a4a9f5820%3A551349550&click_sum=00a8a8ff&####-3&frs=1

which looks like this:

for now I'm just going to finish the pieces that are prepped (3 or 4 more), then let them age for a while.  That method seems to work pretty well for me in the past, many of my favorite quilts were the result of that aging process.

I did find an applique pattern I think I'm going to make as a door hanging for my sewing room.  It has a little chickadee and a space in the middle.  Here's a mock up with my name.  I currently have a paper copy of a large quilt which is kind of embarrassing.  It needs to be a "real" small quilt for my quilt room.  The name is a reference to "Patty's place", the name of Anne & her friend's home in college in the LM Montgomery books- my daughter's favorite books.  So that is a nod to DD.  And we've been enjoying the chickadee's so much since semi-retirement.  So that's the plan.  But 1st I'm working on a small embroidery pincushion from Mary Corbet.  I'll post a picture when done - it's called bee-dazzled pincushion.