Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 803002 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/12/22

What great quilts!.  LOVE the black/white/color one.  Isn't it amazing the fantastic quilts that can be made with simple scraps?

bornblesse2

4/12/22

What have I been doing!

sewed a few one yard flannel quilt tops - I inserted a contrasting fabric or bands of fabrics and straightened the edged.  Then found backings for them.

then spliced some batting pieces for them.  They are now ready to go to church for tying!  Ihave a lot more flannel to use, but it is a startM

MelRN

4/13/22

bornblesse2 said...

Ihave a lot more flannel to use, but it is a startM

It's great for backing, or even batting!! My grandma always used it to back her "comforts" she made.

bornblesse2

4/13/22

Well, what I have is not so great for backings.  It is mostly one yard or less pieces.  And very different patterns and colors.  So I am making baby quilts that are cute and nice and soft.

latterberry

4/14/22

Thanks for all the kind words, ladies.  It does feel good to get a few more off the pile.

MelRN

4/14/22

I'm sure they'll be appreciated!

This table is gigantic and the quilt was too big to lay out. The wind was blowing too hard to even consider an outside shot. I got the borders on the DWR I was working on at retreat. The borders will drop off the sides of the bed. I just put a 2" cream at the top. I pieced the borders, then cut to size with a 45  degree angle and did Y seams. They came out spot on first try!

Now I need to get a wide back fabric and get this quilted.

judyinohio

4/14/22

What a dramatic photo you have given us  .... spectacular camera angle that shows everything!  What a jawdropper.

I called my husband in to see what a gorgeous quilt you are working on and what a "bird's-eye view" you were able to get with that machine in the upper left corner.

Bravo!

Thank you Judy. That is one big quilt with a bazillion curved pieces and I am just happy to finally have it in one piece. The machines in the photo are the big industrial machines my DBIL has to make his products. I used domestic machines to make my quilt though.