Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 676544 views.

Very cool! so inquiring minds want to know, how is that constructed? it looks very difficult.

Yeah! Sounds like you are almost done.

latterberry

Jun-21

Thanks.  No, it wasn't difficult at all.  I just made it up from a photo I saw somewhere.  Construction was easy, but it took some thought to keep the colors straight.  I had to keep a prototype right in front of me.  I pplayeed on pintrest for a bit and found a video that pretty much shows how I  did mine except for the color choices.  For you it would be very easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5KvP8PUMM

latterberry

Jun-21

Oh-- I love that!  I have plenty of stripes and lots of novelties.  Ad I do have a chart to help with the setting triangles.  How big is each novelty square?

the squares are my usual 4.5" precuts (finish 4").  The stripes & black were all cut 1.5" (finish 1").  I treated the stripes as part of the block, so that finished to 10.5 with seam allowance.

Binding is done.  I thought I was done, but when I hung it up, I didn't like how the little red scallops don't lay flat.  Tonight I'm going to see if I can add 3 or so little tacking stitching to hold them flat, keep them from curling up.  Hey, I've been crazy on this thing all along, what's a few more  hours of crazy.  Since the quilting is fairly open on the border I think I can do it without much showing on the back.

Hopefully your plan will work and a few more hours for the finish line!!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-25

My current progress on Inner Cube.  The "lemur print elements" have a small Tumbling Block in the center, surrounded by a black-n-white print with a color dot, and then another round of Tumbling Blocks in the same colors as the center one.  They are the BIG color areas.   I have one more lemur print to go on the far left side and one last row along the bottom.

The end is in sight and I can almost taste it!

When I first started cutting out all the individual pieces and all the fussy cutting and all the whining & venting :-)   I was thinking there was going to be more than enough hand stitching here to last me through a rather long road trip we will be taking in September.  Now that I'm almost DONE with stitching all those individual pieces into their respective elements, I'm realizing that for the September stitching, it's going to be sewing the column elements together.    This creates another logistical problem to overcome .... how to KEEP all these separate elements in their proper place while stitching on the road?   

Under normal circumstances, I'd keep them on my "design wall" and take down only the pieces I would be immediately stitching.  But for a road trip, I don't have that luxury.  I'm thinking that I will stack ONE column elements (the far right) together in the order they need to be stitched.  I'll *leave* all the other columns pinned on the "design wall" and just take the whole design wall with me!  When I finish one column, I can then unpin and stack the next column to be worked on.  At least, that's a place for me to start thinking on.  :-)

MelRN

Jun-25

All i can say is "wow!"

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jun-25

Beautiful!  It takes my breath away!

Is it possible to "pop the knot" of the little tacking stitches as you would in hand quilting?