Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 1163688 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-21

I did finish the binding on a small donation quilt.  I used left over charms from other projects.  Had to make a few of my own.  It's called Charm Box, a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-21

Taking a pause from quilting for a few days.  Thanksgiving dinner is here this year.  I have a few things to do.

Love how you took a handful of blocks and created a beautiful quilt!

I have not been able to quilt so I have been piecing as well as pulling out UFO'S and working on them.

Cathy when you put it that way.....it is better to give those quilts to people so you get to see their joy than to have them waiting for you to die.

judyinohio

Nov-21

I loved latchet hooking but my wrist twitched as I read that your DD is doing that as her hobby these days.

Of course, reading about just any craft can trigger various body twitches in my wrists, my thumbs, my shoulders ... any body part that used to work on creative projects.

Short sessions of pushing a plastic needle are fun ... look at this goofy thing I'm playing with these days. Just a step above weaving potholders.  LOL  (Once I have added enough brown perle cotton for the trunk and red acrylic yarn for the tree, the nails will get pulled out and I hope I will have a tree shape that is tightly woven together.

• Edited November 21, 2023 5:39 pm  by  judyinohio
judyinohio

Nov-21

You better watch out or you will get a mystery package from California, quilt tops looking for someone to finish them so they can find a loving home.

CC (ccase5)

Nov-21

Wow!!! that is gorgeous. tree. Yep, i will watch for this. My hands tend to cramp just doing things in the kitchen! most frustrating.

you do know I posted that picture specifically for "someone" in California - duck and run.....

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

handful of blocks and created a beautiful quilt!

I seem to be having a lot of fun finishing other people's projects lately or using orphan fabrics to try out patterns.  The black & white was an orphan project too.  And somehow I don't feel as invested when the fabric was free and I know it will be a donation quilt.  So I'm free to play.   I am going to a local retreat next week and have several things in kits to work on.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-21

Ya know .... I was just thinking that you are so much of a slacker that I am shaking my head.  Only *2* pieced tops ready to quilt?  Inconceiveable!  :-)