Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 1163671 views.

you do know I posted that picture specifically for "someone" in California - duck and run.....

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

handful of blocks and created a beautiful quilt!

I seem to be having a lot of fun finishing other people's projects lately or using orphan fabrics to try out patterns.  The black & white was an orphan project too.  And somehow I don't feel as invested when the fabric was free and I know it will be a donation quilt.  So I'm free to play.   I am going to a local retreat next week and have several things in kits to work on.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-21

Ya know .... I was just thinking that you are so much of a slacker that I am shaking my head.  Only *2* pieced tops ready to quilt?  Inconceiveable!  :-)

latterberry

Nov-22

Only two unquilted tops left?!  That is impressive.  I have probably a dozen you can have if the two you have left are lonely.   I really like your quilt too.--Good idea to use the half pinwheels to add length.

latterberry

Nov-22

Very pretty quilt!  Where do you donate them?

latterberry

Nov-22

I enjoy seeing your weaving projects and so glad you found a project that is wrist friendly.  Be sure to post a photo of your finished tree. I used to weave rag rugs with my ugly or unwanted fabrics, but my wrists do the same thing.  I gave my looms away to avoid temptation to try again.  How are you doing at collection yarns?  Wish I had some to share with you, but I also got rid of my yarn because of the wrist thing.  Sad story--my cousin passed away several years ago and she was an avid yarn collector and crocheted tons of stuff.  When they cleaned out her house, ther must have been 8 huge garbage bags of yarn.  She was a smoker and unfortunately it all smelled so bad that they just had to throw it away--not like you can throw a skein of yarn in the washer.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-26

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

.it is better to give those quilts to people so you get to see their joy than to have them waiting for you to die.

That's how I feel to.  Like to see them enjoy it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-26

latterberry said:

Where do you donate them?

I'm part of a quilting group at my church.  We donate to the Children's hospital, a hospice, a cancer treatment center, foster children, nursing homes, crisis pregnancy center and other needs when we are made aware of them.  I'm anxious to see our total for this year.  Our group is between 15 and 18 with about 12 of us regulars.  Last year we did over 220 quilts

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-26

I'm anxious to see your completed tree.  Do you have plans for it?

judyinohio

Nov-26

Right now I'm finding that weaving on something so small is slow going. I plan to hang it on our tree in our living room if it works out okay. I will post a photo when I get it finished.

It's more fun to work on larger things. My DD took home my first project which finished up looking like this:

and I'm having fun with the second which is in shades of blue and cream. I've ordered a larger frame so I can make something that will be a bit larger but it's on the way from Alberta, Canada so that might take some time. More fibers are on their way from Australia. Three cheers for international internet shopping!