Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 1163723 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-26

latterberry said:

Where do you donate them?

I'm part of a quilting group at my church.  We donate to the Children's hospital, a hospice, a cancer treatment center, foster children, nursing homes, crisis pregnancy center and other needs when we are made aware of them.  I'm anxious to see our total for this year.  Our group is between 15 and 18 with about 12 of us regulars.  Last year we did over 220 quilts

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-26

I'm anxious to see your completed tree.  Do you have plans for it?

judyinohio

Nov-26

Right now I'm finding that weaving on something so small is slow going. I plan to hang it on our tree in our living room if it works out okay. I will post a photo when I get it finished.

It's more fun to work on larger things. My DD took home my first project which finished up looking like this:

and I'm having fun with the second which is in shades of blue and cream. I've ordered a larger frame so I can make something that will be a bit larger but it's on the way from Alberta, Canada so that might take some time. More fibers are on their way from Australia. Three cheers for international internet shopping!

judyinohio

Nov-28

Here's the completed tree ornament, woven slowly around a bunch of nails. As far as I'm concerned it is "One and Done" because it was not easy to weave on a solid block of wood ... not much "wiggle room", IMHO, for playing with the plastic needle. (It's one of those things that you don't know until you try it.)

It will look okay tucked among the branches of our artificial tree but as I wrote to my DD it is the lumpiest handmade ornament that I have created since 1948. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye  I stuck the flower pin in the top to act as a "star".  Too bad it is made of acrylic yarn because maybe a good steam pressing would straighten it out. grinning

Sometimes trying something new is fun. It will look great on the tree.

latterberry

Nov-30

I love your little red Christmas tree! Did you pound the nails and make the frame yourself?  I'm afraid my fingers would cramp up if I tried it.  Very cute indeed.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-30

A lovely start.  I look forward to seeing more.  If you plan to hang the tree on your tree, it is smaller than I thought it was from the picture.  How big is it?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-30

Well, now I see the completed tree with the ruler underneath.  It is cute and should be a  nice addition to your tree.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-30

I haven't been sewing since Thanksgiving.  I had my granddaughter come over and dust my high shelves last Friday.  It has given me the opportunity to go through some things to see what I might realistically use.   I have tossed some patterns saved from magazines and found some to put in my "try this one" pile.  It has started me looking at other things to sort through and thin out.  May not sew until after Christmas.