Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 1163683 views.
bornblesse2

Dec-2

I need to do more of that!

but, I did sort a small tub of stuff that surfaced while trying to organize some scraps!  And I have once again began cutting scraps up into usable bits!

But, I have 2 laundry baskets of quilts for a panel trunk show that I need to present one more time! plus a basket of stuff to get done for church charity!  If I could get rid of these things would look better!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-2

bornblesse2 said:

If I could get rid of these things would look better

?I'm going to keep working on mine.  Church needs more simple kit.  Putting together a few of those should help.

Andyetagain

Dec-5

So when are you going to make it retreat?

Andyetagain

Dec-5

It was inconthievable to me too.

latterberry

Dec-6

It would be fun, but I live in Illinois and am not too fond of flying, so I will just have to read about your adventures.

Msg 3006.8630 and the next 1 deleted
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-14

TA DA! My Alchemy quilt top is finished as of today! This is the top only .. it still needs to be quilted (which is a different project )

The size is approximately 67"x80". I started in May 2023 and finished in December 2023 ... so 8 months of stitching.

For this quilt, I have decided that I am simply going to cut the edges to straighten it. I've done MANY EPP quilts where I have appliqued the hexies to a border or filled in the edge gaps with half-hexies (and then may or may not have added on a border). But for *this* quilt, I can't see where a border will enhance it.

For those other EPP quilts, it was a horrible feeling when I contemplated chopping off the points to get a straight edge. This quilt? No guilt feelings at all! I think this is the best way for me to finish the edges. After quilting. Whenever that gets done!

judyinohio

Dec-14

Another swooner .... umpty bajillion pieces and I run out of oxygen just looking at the photo. 

You are one awesome piecer, Ms. Pirate.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-14

judyinohio said:

You are one awesome piecer, Ms. Pirate.

Aw, but doncha know, it's just something to do whilst watching TV in the evening.  :-)       thank you.

(although I do wish I could get the quilting done as quickly and easily as I do the piecing!)