Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

One Annoying Thing About Quilting is .....   General Discussion

Started Jan-11 by judyinohio; 4805 views.
mom1me2

Jan-12

Mishii, I will press all your seams if you will cut all my fabric.  I see a deal going here.  ....... seam pressing I can do without issue and don't mind it.

Mishii

Jan-12

Agreed Jonna.  I rarely watch anything live for this reason.  I watch the recorded version so I can skip ahead to get to the actual content.  Unfortunately, some of my favorite quilters have moved almost exclusively to this platform.

Mishii

Jan-12

judyinohio said:

So an annoying thing about quilting is the fact that a bobbin doesn't last forever

The sewing machine has been around a long time (since the 1700s I think?).  You would think by now they would have figured out a way to put a spool of thread down there instead of having us fill bobbins.

Mishii

Jan-12

mom1me2 said:

I need some serious help with this part of it all Ladies.

Um, stop cutting everything first?  :D 

Mishii

Jan-12

mom1me2 said:

Mishii, I will press all your seams if you will cut all my fabric.

Absolutely not.  I'm a terrible cutter....I get bored easily.  Therefore, I bought an Accuqilt and press all seams to the side.  Wheeee!

judyinohio

Jan-12

Of course if we all used chain stitching (which uses no bobbin) then we'd have nothing to bellyache about.  wink

But eventually the spool will run out too, hmmm?

bornblesse2

Jan-12

LeeAnn, I can help you with some cutting tips....

just remind me while at retreat.

Mishii

Jan-12

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

But eventually the spool will run out too, hmmm?

Yes, but not for a super long time!

mom1me2

Jan-12

It’s any of the cutting!!! Either bit by bit or all at once.  It is my nightmare